Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Mpg?

R6TH M

Just wondering what sort of mpg everyone is getting on their corolla t sports?

Town driving, long distances, when ur taking it easy and going fast??

cheers

Hi,

I average around 300 miles to the tank, which is a mixture of my spitited driving and the missus doing the work and back run which is a bit of motorway and then stop/start.

Never looked at the MPG specifically, but when cruising it's anywhere between 32 and 36.

HTH

Town & 'spirited' back-road driving gets me an mpg of roughly 28mpg.

If I'm careful or on a long run averaging between 50-80mph on the motorway (what seems to be a standard average these days with all the traffic! :lol:) I can get around 33mpg.

Sorry these figures are in the Celica which is a little lighter, so might be slightly better than the Rolla. Am sure they're about the same though. :thumbsup:

37.7mpg over about 4000 miles, average speed just under 30mph. About 800 motorway miles, the rest town based or A roads 40-50 speed limits. Always on at least 97ron fuel, with the ecu reset to relect this.

Always on at least 97ron fuel, with the ecu reset to relect this.

I always use 97+ RON fuel too (Optimax generally :thumbsup:), but you don't have to reset the ECU to select this. The ECU is capable of altering ignition timing to allow for different ron values to prevent knocking occuring or otherwise.

I get between 24 and 32 depending on how 'spirited' I am driving, this is with a 50 mile round trip to work each day, through country roads, a duel carriageway, and a short dash of motorway. The main thing that drops the MPG on the work run is the queue to get on the motorway. I never get more than 260 miles from full to the brim to running on fumes.

Long motorway cruises (like a drive to scotland) I have had 35-38, but when using lift a lot, I have had less than 18 MPG on a tank :wacko:

Would any of you guys consider getting LPG conversion done to the car to get more milage... Is it okay to get it done to the t sport, or will it cause damage to engine...

Town & 'spirited' back-road driving gets me an mpg of roughly 28mpg.

If I'm careful or on a long run averaging between 50-80mph on the motorway (what seems to be a standard average these days with all the traffic!  :lol:) I can get around 33mpg.

Sorry these figures are in the Celica which is a little lighter, so might be slightly better than the Rolla.  Am sure they're about the same though.  :thumbsup:

Thats pretty much exactly what i get, average about 28mpg, dont think the celica is really all that much lighter than the corolla, doubt theres anything worth noting between the three door corolla and celica, after all toyota quote the corolla to get slightly better mpg. would'nt like to say without a weigh bridge though :D

[ I seem to be doing well then my rolla t-sport has been returning 38 miles to the galon in a sort of mainly b-roads driving way.... does have an air filter on it ..whether that makes a difference.

Always on at least 97ron fuel, with the ecu reset to relect this.

I always use 97+ RON fuel too (Optimax generally :thumbsup:), but you don't have to reset the ECU to select this. The ECU is capable of altering ignition timing to allow for different ron values to prevent knocking occuring or otherwise.

I just unplugged the Battery for a while when i started using it. Hoping the local tescos will start doing 99ron.

As I said - you don't need to do that...............you can test this by filling up with 95 RON next time....it'll feel a little sluggish compared to Optimax or equivalent. Then with the next tankful, fill up with Optimax/99RON - you feel the difference immediately. No need to reset ECU/disconnect Battery. The ECU can adjust its timing automatically.

As I said - you don't need to do that...............you can test this by filling up with 95 RON next time....it'll feel a little sluggish compared to Optimax or equivalent. Then with the next tankful, fill up with Optimax/99RON - you feel the difference immediately. No need to reset ECU/disconnect battery. The ECU can adjust its timing automatically.

Okily dokily... :D

The kompressor drinks petrol like theres no tomorrow. I'd sometimes think i'd be better off with a 2.0 type-r... sorry :P

Thing is i haven't found out how to check the MPG on the compressor. I know our old t-sport you just press the navi button a few times and it cycles through the MPG / MPH with averages. On the kompressor it just has average MPH.

:(

maybe i should read the manual.... too much fun driving the thing so far

Don't need the car to do it for you.

Fill the tank completely with petrol..........reset your trip meter and drive as you would normally. Next time you fill up, whether it's at half full or 3/4, note how much petrol you put in, work back how many gallons went in and divide the mileage on the trip meter by how many gallons you put in. Job done! :thumbsup:

Just wondering what sort of mpg everyone is getting on their corolla t sports?

Town driving, long distances, when ur taking it easy and going fast??

cheers

I average about 28-33 MPG for normal short distance around town driving although a few weeks back I went from Derby - Heathrow and got as high as 43 MPG - nearly had a heart attack!

John

Proud owner of a new Tsport Corolla. Well pleased, Alsace Granite grey.

Mines only got about 1400 miles on her so far, so im expecting things to loosen up a whole lot.

Either than or ill be selling a kindey to fuel the thing! Getting an average of 26 at the minue, but its mainly short runs, cold starts and err, competitive speeds.

Hoping ill get a bit more like 30 when she breaks in properly.

Happy enough either way! :thumbsup:

Hi

I get about 33mpg on average by my workings out (mainly B roads). If I went by the in cars trip computer it thinks it's average overall is 36.5mpg! yer right :wacko:.

It's dropped as low as 28mpg on a run from Goodwood Festival of Speed last year, 280 miles none stop. But going there at a more steady rate (due to heavy rain) it did 37 odd (by my workings that is, not the cars).

Pb

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note on the MPG display on the trip computer... I wouldn't trust it AT ALL! I drove my friends T Sport over the Xmas hols and he was boasting about how he was getting 35+ mpg and that I was only getting 28mpg. I wasn't bothered 'cos I drive my car rarely and it spends most of the time warming up 'cos it's only short trips in town, plus I have an induction kit.

Anyway a few days later he showed me the trip computer again and it showed 38.8mpg and I was like come on, there must be a problem 'cos this guy drives like a lunatic! So I took his car for a spin and gave it a good thrashing whilst watching the display and sure enough, the more you put the foot down, the higher the mpg reading got!

As it stands the trip computer is showing 54mpg!!!!!! :o I told him at this rate he'll be producing petrol and that he's sitting on a goldmine lol! :lol:

Just a note on the MPG display on the trip computer... I wouldn't trust it AT ALL! I drove my friends T Sport over the Xmas hols and he was boasting about how he was getting 35+ mpg and that I was only getting 28mpg. I wasn't bothered 'cos I drive my car rarely and it spends most of the time warming up 'cos it's only short trips in town, plus I have an induction kit.

Anyway a few days later he showed me the trip computer again and it showed 38.8mpg and I was like come on, there must be a problem 'cos this guy drives like a lunatic! So I took his car for a spin and gave it a good thrashing whilst watching the display and sure enough, the more you put the foot down, the higher the mpg reading got!

As it stands the trip computer is showing 54mpg!!!!!! :o I told him at this rate he'll be producing petrol and that he's sitting on a goldmine lol! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: like it... must be connected back to front...

i get about 25mpg usually... :thumbsup:

Getting around 300 miles in before the fuel light comes on, so maybe 350 if driving like a pensioner (which aint NEVER going to happen) to empty the lot!

Always carry a can in the boot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links