Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove Battery Clamp In E12?

KevT3

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how to remove the Battery clamp completely please? I am trying to remove the Battery but I could only unscrew the metal stick, don't have a clue how to remove the other bolt...

Could anyone help me please . many thx :)

Kev

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me how to remove the battery clamp completely please? I am trying to remove the battery but I could only unscrew the metal stick, don't have a clue how to remove the other bolt...

Could anyone help me please . many thx :)

Kev

Any ideas people?

Will have a look in the morning and advise you....

:thumbsup:

Unscrew it on one side than push it on the otherside down , i thought it was a hook on the otherside

Unscrew it on one side than push it on the otherside down , i thought it was a hook on the otherside

Hi G6-R, Thx for your reply :thumbsup: , however, I couldn't unscrew the bolt on the bonnet... I could only unscrew the bolt on the hook side...

Basically, there are two bolts that I need to unscrew in order to take the clamp out, but the one on the bonnet seems to be unscrewable...

Kev

i didnt have any problem getting either bolt out, think its a 10mm bolt??, be carefull though, none of those bolts are great, and you will chew the heads of them very quickly if you attack it with the wrong sized tools.

i didnt have any problem getting either bolt out, think its a 10mm bolt??, be carefull though, none of those bolts are great, and you will chew the heads of them very quickly if you attack it with the wrong sized tools.

The problem for me is that, the bolt seems to be very tight... i am too scared to unscrew it just in case it is some sort of fix bolt... so according to what you said, i can just unscrew it? which direction should i be turning? :group-cuddles:

The problem for me is that, the bolt seems to be very tight... i am too scared to unscrew it just in case it is some sort of fix bolt... so according to what you said, i can just unscrew it? which direction should i be turning? :group-cuddles:

right is tight, left is loose!!! :D

You have to get the black cap on the front of there,s the other screw under . You see what i mean when you open the bonnet :thumbsup:

You have to get the black cap on the front of there,s the other screw under . You see what i mean when you open the bonnet  :thumbsup:

Many thx people ! :thumbsup:

I will try this morning and keep you up to date of my progress :)

You have to get the black cap on the front of there,s the other screw under . You see what i mean when you open the bonnet :thumbsup:

Many thx people ! :thumbsup:

I will try this morning and keep you up to date of my progress :)

Hi people, the bolt is still too tight and I am too scared to damage the bolt head as my tool is not good enough... However, I have managed to change the headlight bulbs :)

Many thx to those who has helped, really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Kev