Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacement Fascia For Corolla? Stereo Won't Fit

elgaz

Hi all.

My g/f has a 1999 Corolla GS and I've recently bought her one of these Pioneer MP3 headunits to replace the standard Toyota Cassette item.

deh3730.jpg

I had no problems at all removing the 'pod' and detaching the original stereo. Paid a quick visit to Halfords, bought a Toyota connector lead and got the new Pioneer powered up and working fine - this was to test it before I put it back in place.

My problem now is that I can't get the stereo to physically fit. The Pioneer, unlike most aftermarket headunits, has a fixed 'lip' (the small plastic rectangular surround which usually surrounds the face on the headunit) around the front of the headunit. This is rectangular, with sharp corners. The Corolla fascia on the other hand has rounded edges and is slightly too small. As such, I can't get the front of the stereo to poke out that final inch through the fascia so I can attach the face, etc.

corolla.jpg

I asked Halfords about replacement fascias etc but they said there are none available. I could start cutting the fascia to make it fit but didn't really want to do this. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Gaz