Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Or Diesel

Wilmot99

Hi All,

Just wondering what people think.

Whats better petrol or diesel?

will apart from the obvious cost differance between fuels the other facter you have to look at is servicing costs are even higher for a diesel. :eek:

Hi All,

will apart from the obvious cost differance between fuels the other facter you have to look at is servicing costs are even higher for a diesel. :eek:

Also diesel's cost more to buy.

Hi All,

Also diesel's cost more to buy.

but they generally have a higher re-sale price - so it balances out ;)

Haven't driven the petrol corolla but my D-4D is the first diesel I've owned and I'm very pleased with it.

Apart from low speed on cold days when the engine is still cold you can't really tell it's a diesel. Very good mpg. From a driving point of view it's entertaining in 3rd and 4th. Even 5th has a fair pull on steepish hills and overtaking on windy A roads is a sinch. It could probably do with a 6-speed box as above 85 you can hear the engine. Also, not sure why Toyota don't do an automatic version. I'm sure they're loosing out on sales.

Haven't had a service yet so can't comment on the cost. As far as purchase price goes we got a good deal from a Toyota franchise and it wasn't obviously more expensive than an equivalent petrol.

ive got both, ones a turbo derv passat, and the other is a petrol guzzling monster mkiv supra.

i get the best of both worlds. hee hee

baz

prefer petrol .. but then I do perfer my drinks more refined ..

I prefer petrol cars, especially crazy jap ones (vtec/vvti, etc...) which like to be revved. Generally diesels redline at 5,000 ish and as a result don't feel as racy (a personal thing i suppose).

Diesels have a lot more torque tho, and as a result often 'feel' quick, but i'm not a fan. Having said that, i haven't driven many of the new diesel engines which are more refined.

Your right with the residual value however. When trying to sell my last car, a peugeot petrol, i had real trouble, whereas the equivalent diesel model would command a much higher asking price.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links