Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Does Your T-sport Compare

Zuban

Just interested to see how you think your T-sport compares to other cars, test drives, 1/4 mile, track etc.. just whatever... I have many experiences, been lucky to run my car on track for a while, but before i share a few revalations, i wanted to see how other people got on..

Hi Zuban

It could do with better brakes. As the standard ones go mushy above 60mph if you jump on them (along with a slight sqirming/weaving feeling though the steering :eek: ). Not giving me much confidence in them :blink: .

If you think they are good have a go in a BMW 1 they are as they should have been (yes 1's are too expensive).

One other thing the steering at 3.5 turns lock to lock is way too slow & electric.

May be the car should have been set up more like a Celica (I'm sure most bits could have been made to fit).

Pb

:wacko:

Hi Zuban

It could do with better brakes. As the standard ones go mushy above 60mph if you jump on them (along with a slight sqirming/weaving feeling though the steering  :eek: ). Not giving me much confidence in them  :blink: .

If you think they are good have a go in a BMW 1 they are as they should have been (yes 1's are too expensive).

One other thing the steering at 3.5 turns lock to lock is way too slow & electric.

May be the car should have been set up more like a Celica (I'm sure most bits could have been made to fit).

Pb

ive not got a t sport but with my ae82 just changing the pads to greenstuff made all the difference, much better feel and lots less fade. you should give them ago, or even yellow stuff if they do them for the t sport. no cars for this sort of money can take proper hard driving like on a track with out pads and tyres being very good ones.

Hi Zuban

It could do with better brakes. As the standard ones go mushy above 60mph if you jump on them (along with a slight sqirming/weaving feeling though the steering :eek: ). Not giving me much confidence in them :blink: .

Pb

I found the brakes really good! they also held up pretty well after a few laps, but i dont know if they were the standard pads, when i changed them i discovered they were pagid pads :D

Steering tottally agree, is the weakpoint of the car i think, i wonder if a celica steering rack would fit? its a 2.5 turns i think. Pretty sure the 7th gen celica front suspension/steering setup is pretty much identical on non imports.

The steering gives up quite a bit before the handling does. Shame really because if the steering was better it would improve the way the car drives in every way.

I once swerved around some wood that had fell in the road. The suspension was ok :D , but the steering was not quick enough to avoid them all :ffs: (luckly no damage was done :) ) .

Pb

Gotta say, the handling on the Gen7 Celica is awesome, steering full of feedback in comparison to the 'Rolla.

That said - you guys have got 'proper' rear seats :lol:

Trouble is the Corolla even in the T Sport version is still meant to be comfortable more than sporty. It doesn't have much front-end grip, which means it cruises well and doesn't twitch, but the turn in is not great.

You could sharpen the steering, but I think you will just get to the limit of the tyres sooner.

On the other hand, I've always found the brakes to be pretty good.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links