Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gti Inside Lights Not Working

_FaZ_

On my gti 1.6, my lights behind the ac buttons (above the cd player) is not working and also the light at the back of the sunroof (door open light) are not working but my light next to the sun roof buttons work fine.

I had a look at my fuses and they looked fine to me, but if i have fused it, then which fuse would it be that ive fused?

Or does anyone know what else may be the problem?

This is my 3rd twinny but i havent had a problem like this before.

Also, its a early 1990 model, on a G plate, so what induction kit would you recommend? Would the k&n 57-0115 work well?

Also, what else would you recommend i do/get with/for the car?

Also how to i remove the original cage to fit a new cd player, there is a normal pull out head unit tape player in the car and a toyota plastic insert below it, i once pulled this out in my first twinny the wrong way, i just yanked it out, but how do i remove it and the cage the normal way? Do i need to open the centre console up?

Also how to i remove the original cage to fit a new cd player, there is a normal pull out head unit tape player in the car and a toyota plastic insert below it, i once pulled this out in my first twinny the wrong way, i just yanked it out, but how do i remove it and the cage the normal way? Do i need to open the centre console up?

When i fitted a new cd player and cage i had to take out the centre console, instrument/dial fitting and the bit around the steering column. Luckily a mate who has an MR2 had an official toyota sheet explaining how to do this. Not sure where he got it from.

I have a KN 57i on my Gti, which is an early spec T-Vis, and its working well.

ok, ill probably get a mate to do it for me, and i think the bulbs may be fused that arent working.

Any chance you could ask your mate where he got the sheet from?

See i ave problems with my intior lamp(center)Ive replaced the bulb but all its seems is a nasty connection,removal of the lense and a spin of the bulb and its sorted..

the head unit is held in by four screws. either side the steering wheel (underneath) there are four screws, undo these and pull ff the surround that goes around the stereo and ash tray. disconect the rear fog switch and heated rear window switch and the fag lighter and ash tray plugs, ease the surround from round the ignition barrel.

then look either side of the stereo and you will see four screws, undo these and the head unit will come out. refiting is reverse of removal :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links