Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Corolla With 300hp

PaulT

I was just browsing for something else when I found this piece:

2006 Corolla details

The writer claims that the 10th generation Corolla with be out in Japan in August, and one of the variants will be a hatchback featuring an all-new 2.4L 3AZ-GTE engine capable of 270-300hp. It will also have 4wd.

I have to say this is the first I've heard of the 3AZ engine series and it all sounds rather unlikely.

Paul.

well it definalty sounds alright and iv got a feeling it might be true!!

i know that honda civic is to bring out a new car in japan next year reaching 300bhp. so this corolla is probably trying to match it. the civic is called...Civic Dominator instead of the usual type r. its a 2litre K20A i-Vtec engine but supercharged. and it looks great!! the k20 civic type r engine will be used for the new civic sport.

so if corolla was to bring out a 300bhp vehicle, i think its believable!!

well lets hope so!

:thumbsup:

heres the link for the Civic Dominator

http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/dominator/

There's also a suggestion that Toyota will return to WRC with a car like this. See the mag photo halfway down this page.

Apparently might even have trickery like active yaw control! Let's hope they make the petrol tank a bit larger than on the last Toyota WRC car :D

Well if none of this is actually true somebody is playing a very cruel joke and they should stop it at once :lol:

Paul.

Ive heard its another 2000cc turbocharge 4wheel drive..

Either way ive seen the same pics from that link and it looks a animal.

Way outta may budget,check me with the "91" Corolla,, :D :D

Although 2.4L 3AZ-GTE sounds about right,it'd be a turbocharged 2.4 avensis..

right i cant say alot about this (dont want to get into trouble with work) but those pictures are not the next gen corolla! and as for being launched in japan in august, as far as i know it will be a global launch (ie everywhere at the same time) and it wont be august. also even if that model is released (not likley) it prolly wont be available here. there may well be a four wheel drive version but most likely it will be JDM only (as is the current avensis 4WD)

Yep i can confirm that report. I was speaking with my local garage where we got our kompressor and they mentioned that a corolla SR was going to be released soon. The sales manager has some specs he promised to photocopy for me so i'll chase them up tomorrow.

Yep i can confirm that report. I was speaking with my local garage where we got our kompressor and they mentioned that a corolla SR was going to be released soon. The sales manager has some specs he promised to photocopy for me so i'll chase them up tomorrow.

The corolla SR is already released... looks just like a t-sport but with a 1600cc lump

I retract my statement it obviously isn't the same thing. I assumed Corolla (Super RunX) = SR

Obviously not if its only a 1.6 :P

Thats an Old April Fools joke.

Here are the pictures -

http://www.littlesylvia.com/pic/corolla01.jpg

http://www.littlesylvia.com/pic/corolla02.jpg

http://www.littlesylvia.com/pic/corolla03.jpg

But i know there is going to be a very special version of the next shape Corolla. ;)