Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tracking Issues

VJC

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me with a tricky steering fault!

I own a 98 Corolla R6 which I have had for around 2 years, the steering has always pulled slighly to the left but now seems to be getting slightly worse- I am also looking to sell the car fairly soon and need to get it sorted. I had the allignment done recently but this has made no difference at all, there is no uneven tyre wear, the brakes are ok as far as I know (recently passed MOT at Toyota Dealership) and the car has not had any major crash. I do have non-standard 17" alloys on the car, but the problem existed well before this- my sister owned the car for 3 years before me and it had the problem then. Having been like this for so long I just automatically correct the steering, but this is no good for possible buyers! The car also pulls to the left drastically when braking.

If anyone can think of anything that could be causing this I would be really grateful, I would welcome any comments!

Thanks in advance

a worn steering bush? sticking brake calliper? maybe... you would of thought it would of been found on the mot though. :thumbsup:

a worn steering bush? sticking brake calliper? maybe... you would of thought it would of been found on the mot though. :thumbsup:

It's sounding quite likely, although as you say it should have showed on the MOT. Someone else suggested the tow in/tow out may need adjusting, but I'm told only Toyota Dealers have the adjustment settings and I'm trying to avoid spending a fortune! I've checked the wheels and none of them are feeling hot after I've been for a drive :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links