Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Corolla Gti Won't Start

ian davies

:help: i put a new obx racing manifold on my ae92 but i had to take the disribitor out,anyway i fitted the manifold & put the disribitor back in but after that my car won't start, PLEASE HELP!

it sounds like the dizzy has been put in wrong or the timing is way out.

did you mark its position before you removed it?

i dont have the manual any more for the 4A-GE but i would advise getting hold of a haynes manual and getiing the timing set correctly.

ignition timing for a 4age in the UK's rubbish weather is 10'BTDC@ idle (w/ terminals T and E1 short circuited) if you set it without shorting the circuit it wont go. just stick a small loop of wire in the connector

Check your firing order aswell 1-3-4-2

that would need the engine running though jon ;)

had a thought look at the dizzy where the bolts go to hold it on. it should have left witness marks when you undid the bolts, line these back up and it should be close enough to fire up. as jon said check the leads are on in the correct sequence. think the dizzy cap is numbered if i remember right

set the belt timing on bout 10' the remove dizzy theres two small punch marks one on the case and one on rod/arm line them up and its bout right?i think,will still need fine tuning thought

My mate took mine off about a year ago and when he put it back 2getha it wouldnt start as the parts were a bit worn, so i just bout brand new dizzy cap and that little rotor arm and he fitted it, i dont know how but it worked fine, i would get new bits, theyre well cheap aswell

oh yeah and ive always wondered about that niiiiice looking obx manifold, let us know when you get it working how it performs :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links