• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Yuni

Yuni

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla 98

Posted 14 January 2006 - 07:01 PM

Hi there, I`ve got a 98 GLi Corolla 4AFE. I taken out some parts and put in new ones. I`ve got an Airintake and an exhaust system, without headers. I`ve got a really good fuel economy with this stuff, I get 18 KMs per liter on long drive with A/c, in an average speed of 100 - 120 KMs in a mountainous terain :thumbsup: . My cars Cluster is 180 KMs I can easily reach that speed. Now I want more from my car, can I get a turbo for it ? or should I swap engines, and then which one. I dont want to go over 1.6 . so what are your suggestions what should I do :wacko:

Yuni

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 mattwho

mattwho

• Registered Member
  • 16 posts
  • Toyota Model: toyota

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:18 AM

forgive me if im wrong but is the 4afe the starlet turbo engine without the turbo? if so buy a that engine and put it in thats 135 hp standerd and u will never forget that boooooost

#3 ae111sr

ae111sr

Top Rank Poster!

• Super Moderator
  • 2,344 posts
  • First Name:John
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: 1998 4A-GZE Corolla
  • Year: 1998

Posted 15 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

4A-FE is the 1600cc engine as originally fitted to my AE111 Corolla. There are supposedly turbo kits available from the USA but no-one on TOC has done one yet. Engine transplants range from the 16v 4a-ge 129BHP, 20v 4a-ge 160bhp, supercharged 4a-gze 165bhp all the way up to the 2 litre 3s-gte around 240bhp from the Celica GT4/ MR2 turbo. All powe figures as quoted by Toyota. It really depends on how much work you want to do and how ddep your pockets are. Alternatively you could always buy a different car that has more power as standard - probably the cheaper option if you are not able to do the work yourself.

#4 Yuni

Yuni

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla 98

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

I`m going abroad in a few days, I`ll have a look at a few engines and get them.

I need help in installing some gauges, I can`t locate the vacume Pipe on my engine, all other gauges are installed and runing.

Yuni

#5 Lints

Lints

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts
  • Toyota Model: 2002 Tazz 160i XE

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:57 AM

I need help in installing some gauges, I can`t locate the vacume Pipe on my engine, all other gauges are installed and runing.

Yuni

HI
i also have a 4afe motor, i have a chip, K & N flat pad filter and a ram tube running to the front bumper from the original air box, for some nice cold air. I also have a stainless steel 57mm exhaust with 41 mm headers and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The car is making 78 kw at the wheels. I run with 4AGE 16V

I am in South Africa, and TRD parts are very hard to source. I am looking for a TRD intake manifold as well TRD pistons, TRD camshafts(280 intake and 270 exhaust), TRD valves and high revving valve springs.

I am planning on installing these parts, once i have gas flowed the head if i can source them otherwise i will have to use local parts. Trying to get about 115 kw at the fly wheel. once that is done i want to put in a 1800 bottom end and see how she runs then.

#6 *rollaboy

*rollaboy

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Toyota Model: exy10, ee90, ae111

Posted 08 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

Yuni

HI
i also have a 4afe motor, i have a chip, K & N flat pad filter and a ram tube running to the front bumper from the original air box, for some nice cold air. I also have a stainless steel 57mm exhaust with 41 mm headers and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The car is making 78 kw at the wheels. I run with 4AGE 16V

I am in South Africa, and TRD parts are very hard to source. I am looking for a TRD intake manifold as well TRD pistons, TRD camshafts(280 intake and 270 exhaust), TRD valves and high revving valve springs.

I am planning on installing these parts, once i have gas flowed the head if i can source them otherwise i will have to use local parts. Trying to get about 115 kw at the fly wheel. once that is done i want to put in a 1800 bottom end and see how she runs then.

youre nuts lad!! get a 4age!!!

#7 BALIKBAYAN

BALIKBAYAN

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • First Name:Magnus
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Corolla DX -84, Avensis 2004
  • Year: 2004

Posted 10 August 2006 - 03:44 AM

Hi,
I don't believe TRD has anything for the 4A-FE engine I'm afraid. I have been looking for that and not found anything at their webpage.

#8 Lints

Lints

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:02 AM

Hi,
I don't believe TRD has anything for the 4A-FE engine I'm afraid. I have been looking for that and not found anything at their webpage.

Sports Oil Filter - 90915-SP000
Spark Plug Cord Set - 19051-AE001
Helical L.S.D. - 41301-AE000
Mechanical L.S.D. - 41301-AW004
LSD Oil - A0420-A0000 GL-3 75W-90

This is what i have managed to find off the website
http://trdparts.jp/e...arts_index.html

#9 Lints

Lints

• Registered Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

http://www.tolken.co...ht=dave repsold

This is a conversion done by a tuner in South Africa.
4AFE = 105kw inland and 120kw - 130 kw at the coast

#10 Trigger TRD

Trigger TRD

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: 1998

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:17 AM

Lints is right. Lots can be done to the 4AFE

I recently turbo charged mine

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users