Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4afe Tuning

Yuni

Hi there, I`ve got a 98 GLi Corolla 4AFE. I taken out some parts and put in new ones. I`ve got an Airintake and an exhaust system, without headers. I`ve got a really good fuel economy with this stuff, I get 18 KMs per liter on long drive with A/c, in an average speed of 100 - 120 KMs in a mountainous terain :thumbsup: . My cars Cluster is 180 KMs I can easily reach that speed. Now I want more from my car, can I get a turbo for it ? or should I swap engines, and then which one. I dont want to go over 1.6 . so what are your suggestions what should I do :wacko:

Yuni

forgive me if im wrong but is the 4afe the starlet turbo engine without the turbo? if so buy a that engine and put it in thats 135 hp standerd and u will never forget that boooooost

4A-FE is the 1600cc engine as originally fitted to my AE111 Corolla. There are supposedly turbo kits available from the USA but no-one on TOC has done one yet. Engine transplants range from the 16v 4a-ge 129BHP, 20v 4a-ge 160bhp, supercharged 4a-gze 165bhp all the way up to the 2 litre 3s-gte around 240bhp from the Celica GT4/ MR2 turbo. All powe figures as quoted by Toyota. It really depends on how much work you want to do and how ddep your pockets are. Alternatively you could always buy a different car that has more power as standard - probably the cheaper option if you are not able to do the work yourself.

I`m going abroad in a few days, I`ll have a look at a few engines and get them.

I need help in installing some gauges, I can`t locate the vacume Pipe on my engine, all other gauges are installed and runing.

Yuni

• 6 months later...

I need help in installing some gauges, I can`t locate the vacume Pipe on my engine, all other gauges are installed and runing.

Yuni

HI

i also have a 4afe motor, i have a chip, K & N flat pad filter and a ram tube running to the front bumper from the original air box, for some nice cold air. I also have a stainless steel 57mm exhaust with 41 mm headers and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The car is making 78 kw at the wheels. I run with 4AGE 16V

I am in South Africa, and TRD parts are very hard to source. I am looking for a TRD intake manifold as well TRD pistons, TRD camshafts(280 intake and 270 exhaust), TRD valves and high revving valve springs.

I am planning on installing these parts, once i have gas flowed the head if i can source them otherwise i will have to use local parts. Trying to get about 115 kw at the fly wheel. once that is done i want to put in a 1800 bottom end and see how she runs then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yuni

HI

i also have a 4afe motor, i have a chip, K & N flat pad filter and a ram tube running to the front bumper from the original air box, for some nice cold air. I also have a stainless steel 57mm exhaust with 41 mm headers and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The car is making 78 kw at the wheels. I run with 4AGE 16V

I am in South Africa, and TRD parts are very hard to source. I am looking for a TRD intake manifold as well TRD pistons, TRD camshafts(280 intake and 270 exhaust), TRD valves and high revving valve springs.

I am planning on installing these parts, once i have gas flowed the head if i can source them otherwise i will have to use local parts. Trying to get about 115 kw at the fly wheel. once that is done i want to put in a 1800 bottom end and see how she runs then.

youre nuts lad!! get a 4age!!!

Hi,

I don't believe TRD has anything for the 4A-FE engine I'm afraid. I have been looking for that and not found anything at their webpage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't believe TRD has anything for the 4A-FE engine I'm afraid. I have been looking for that and not found anything at their webpage.

Sports Oil Filter - 90915-SP000

Spark Plug Cord Set - 19051-AE001

Helical L.S.D. - 41301-AE000

Mechanical L.S.D. - 41301-AW004

LSD Oil - A0420-A0000 GL-3 75W-90

This is what i have managed to find off the website

http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_index.html

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey,

I don't think that an oil filter, spark plug cord set and gearbox oil will make much improvmentrs in the output of an engine. It is things that would fit many engines such as sports thermostat and oilfiller cap or radiator cap they are also universal things from TRD that would fit a 4A-Fe engine.

Yes, I do agree that there are lot of things to do woth a 4A-Fe engine. There are turbokits from USA. Sportsfilter and bigger exhaust. You could try to get higher compression with some work on the head. Re map the engine with a piggyback or a new ECU. The head is said to cope airflow to about 130 hp with out any work needed.

In my very own personal opinion, N/A-tuning the 4AFE block is stupid... A pure waste of money!

However, turbocharging it is the way ahead. Get 160-170hp out of it without breaking anything. It goes from 13km/l to 15km/l, if you're not accelerating like a maniac all the time!

Parts would cost something looking 500-700pounds.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi there, I`ve got a 98 GLi Corolla 4AFE. I taken out some parts and put in new ones. I`ve got an Airintake and an exhaust system, without headers. I`ve got a really good fuel economy with this stuff, I get 18 KMs per liter on long drive with A/c, in an average speed of 100 - 120 KMs in a mountainous terain :thumbsup: . My cars Cluster is 180 KMs I can easily reach that speed. Now I want more from my car, can I get a turbo for it ? or should I swap engines, and then which one. I dont want to go over 1.6 . so what are your suggestions what should I do :wacko:

Yuni

Hi,

I am new here.

I have Toyota Corolla 1993 1.6 GLi Auto. Having problem with the petrol consumption . It gives me very low mileage (mix city and motorway). I normally buy £35 petrol 32.83 Litre..it gives me about 170 mile Max. Last time on £10 petrol 9.02 litre it gaves me 45 mile. So bad. I am learning and I have done diagonestic and there is no error code. Recently serviced and also changed the Lambda sensor...but no change. I have cheched coolant sensor by multimeter ..it works fine (learnt from you tube). Please hELP!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

i got a 300 hp corolla 97 4afte you can build up the motor you dont have to go 4ag unless you want to. Hit me up and i`ll help you out.

2284231_8_full.jpg

653609_224_full.jpg

653609_230_full.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

hi! i have a toyota carina e and i have some problems to find bodykits for this car. your frontbumper looks great! when i first saw the car i thought it was also carina. where did you get that bodykit? can you help me find something for my car? you can write me private or on my mail. hope i'll get a message soon. c'ya

hi! i have a toyota carina e and i have some problems to find bodykits for this car. your frontbumper looks great! when i first saw the car i thought it was also carina. where did you get that bodykit? can you help me find something for my car? you can write me private or on my mail. hope i'll get a message soon. c'ya

i will help out in the best way i can send me another pm and tell me everything you need help with or want to get and see what i can do. peace man :D

Hey

Ive got a 1995 Toyota Levin with the 4A-FE engine and I'm looking to get some more power out of it. Was looking at putting a hot cam(s) in it how far can the cam go before anything else has to be altered. Also what else can I do to the engine without breaking the budget as I am a student :( . I use the car on at Manfield Auto Course in Fleiding, New Zealand usualy gets upto 160kph on the straight would be nice to get abit more out of it already has cold air intake, lowering springs and after market wheels.

Also can anyone tell me if 4A-GE exhaust headers will fit my 4A-FE. I am having trouble finding 4A-FE headers but 4A-GE ones are very easy to find and I have been told they are the same.

Hey

Ive got a 1995 Toyota Levin with the 4A-FE engine and I'm looking to get some more power out of it. Was looking at putting a hot cam(s) in it how far can the cam go before anything else has to be altered. Also what else can I do to the engine without breaking the budget as I am a student :( . I use the car on at Manfield Auto Course in Fleiding, New Zealand usualy gets upto 160kph on the straight would be nice to get abit more out of it already has cold air intake, lowering springs and after market wheels.

Also can anyone tell me if 4A-GE exhaust headers will fit my 4A-FE. I am having trouble finding 4A-FE headers but 4A-GE ones are very easy to find and I have been told they are the same.

what`s up man well to answer the first Q. You can get a 2 1/2 Exhaust system bigger injectors, fuel pressure regulator, better spark plugs and a Apexi safc and it will help out a good amount. But if you want to turbo would be nice 6 pounds will give you 165 hp and 170 foot pound of TQ. the 2nd would be that you can go to Webcams.com and decide what camshafts you want. and 3rd 4age headers will not work on 4afe go to eBay they carry a lot of headers for are cars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-Toyot...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JVT-Toyota-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Turbo would be going a bit far in my case because of insurance and also in New Zealand you have to get a LVV certerficate is you increase your BHP by 15% or more and turbo comes under that :( but exhaust is something I plan to do soon especially at those prices!. For camshafts how far can ya go before ECU becomes a problem and has to be re maped or replaced?

Also sorry to sound like a noob but whats a "Apexi safc" never herd of that before.

Turbo would be going a bit far in my case because of insurance and also in New Zealand you have to get a LVV certerficate is you increase your BHP by 15% or more and turbo comes under that :( but exhaust is something I plan to do soon especially at those prices!. For camshafts how far can ya go before ECU becomes a problem and has to be re maped or replaced?

Also sorry to sound like a noob but whats a "Apexi safc" never herd of that before.

that`s cool man , here you go. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APEXi-S-AFC...Q2em118Q2el1247

http://www.apexi.com/

• 1 month later...

hey mani saw your car, impressive, i have been thinking about putting a turbo on mine also, however i know about boost and how it works, applying it is another question...help!!!!

seancharles71@yahoo.com

seancharles71@hotmail.com

please contact me.

hey mani saw your car, impressive, i have been thinking about putting a turbo on mine also, however i know about boost and how it works, applying it is another question...help!!!!

seancharles71@yahoo.com

seancharles71@hotmail.com

please contact me.

let me know what you need and i will help. B)

• 1 month later...
i got a 300 hp corolla 97 4afte you can build up the motor you dont have to go 4ag unless you want to. Hit me up and i`ll help you out.

2284231_8_full.jpg

653609_224_full.jpg

653609_230_full.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

DUDE I GIVE YOU 5 STARZ... 5 MAN... I GOT A TOYOTA EP71 STARLET i recently bought from my older cousin... who bought from guy that use to race it... anywayz my cousin is not a speed demon like myself so he sold most of the parts after wrecking the bottom half tryin' to boost at 22psi... anywayz i bought it replaced the old 2e-telu (i think that's it :D ) with a 4e-fte i have a list of mods i wud love for u to have a look see maybe u can give me some pointers or 2... the basics i wanna run a garrett t25 and an aftermarket intercooler i got a whole lot more but maybe i can get u by mail or something so i can share it? anyone else who may have some inputs please do share i'm hoping to get this project on the track soon... thanx in advance... ;)

• 4 weeks later...

2284231_8_full.jpg

653609_224_full.jpg

653609_230_full.jpg

Picture014-1.jpg

Hi pnyk33,

Im new in this club&may i know your engine specs?Coz i never heard 4afe can reach til 300hp here in my place.I ride the same Toyata like yours.And can you help me to recommend which rear brakes is better for my AE-101,coz now im using a drum brakes&1st stage upgrade 4 my ride.I started with apex safc,apex air filter and 1 1/2 straight pipeing install in my ride.