Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have Any Of You Guys Just Felt Your Yaris Is Cursed?

TomF

I've had so much bad luck with mine recently I'm considering selling it.

The past 4 weeks, theres just been so much damage to the car it's heart breaking.

It had the wing mirror ripped off by a bus while I was stopped at the side of the road. But the Bus Company would not pay up so I had to pay out of my own pocket for a replacement, then a week later ANOTHER bus ripped off the same mirror, once again Bus company would not pay up.

I've got a hexagonal front wheel after having to swerve into a curb to avoid some idiot in a van on a mobile. The curbs over in Guernsey have old fashioned granite cobbles on the edges....so they do quite a bit of damage :crybaby:

My left rear carbon splitter has been reversed into in a car park, so thats ripped in two, and a nice chunk out the bumper above it.

Finally, 3 days ago, I was going down a little country lane at night, only to find someone had dug a little trench across it, front splitters got caught and dug in, and popped the bumper off, and scraped the underside of the splitters.

Not a happy Chappy :ffs:

Have to agree, yours is cursed. I would seek revenge on the buses for self satisfaction!!!

I haven't included the fact that I got stopped by Police 3 times in the space of 45 mins cause I had a brakelight out, had 2 parking tickets also all in the last week.

Or that it's been keyed from wing mirror to petrol cap

Why key a car, damn pikey scum, jealously, thats all it is!!!

wow i feel for ya mate. that really is some bad luck. i was like you when i was having some bad luck with my car. but i discovered the love again :wub:

Sounds wild mate! :(

I fell out with my car when it was mashed up but when I got it back good as new it was ace! :D :thumbsup:

Damn, if that Karma crap is true, you must've done some baaad stuff! Go help a disabled person, or clean the neighbours cars... something or someone must smile down on you for that!

Wowee that really is some EXTREMELY bad luck you've been having! Tbh i doubt changing the car would make the difference! How about getting another car as more of a daily driver that you dont mind taking the bumps in the car parks and that. With the ditch and that would probably help if you werent riding so low but if you get another run around car as suggested, you would not have to worry so much as may not have got caught. The keying is just something that happens that is awful that you cant help. Even my bro's little Ford KA got keyed hugely (scratching the metal) 2 years ago and is still showing signs of it!

All i can say is i hope you have good luck in the future and just to take it in your stride! It could be worse!

Theres no such thing as curses - its just wrong place, wrong time unfortunately mate...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck, but luck changes - maybe Grahams right and you need to get good karma like Earl Hickey in My Name is Earl.... hey, it could work! ;)

I thought I was cursed, then realised it was my over-active imagination playing games - thats all! I'd have a car 9 months and I'd be in a bad accident - it happened twice, the last one my car was written off, but ever since, its not happened, so I cant tell you what it is or how to change it, but it'll change for you mate - I guarantee! :thumbsup:

Rotten luck but that's all it is. After some bad things happen, you find yourself waiting for the next. Get your car sorted out, a bit of sunny weather and all will seem fine again.

Or get an exorcist. devil.gif

now that is some bad luck, sorry to hear this, im surprised that after two incidents the bus company wouldnt pay up, sucks!! hope u get everything sorted and it doesnt put u out of pocket too much!! it seems to be that time of year tho, crazy drivers on the road, darker duller days- just take things easy

lucky he didn't have a custom set of carbon fibre one's!!! imagine those getting smashed off!!!!

Such a shame - that's a real nice looking T Sport too :thumbsup:

I don't think it's a curse... so then it can't be luck either if you don't believe in fate/karma/curses.

I think it's a sequence of events that have (unfortunately) happened and because they're all to do with the car, it's easy to look for ways of explaining it.

Is there any chance you can avoid parking near this bus route? The company sound like :censor:s, let alone the drivers.

As for the vandals... it's pure jealousy. If you sell up and buy another smart looking motor, it'll happen again no doubt. If this happened outside your house, have you considered installing a mini CCTV system (can be bought cheaply from B&Q and tune into your TV)? I know it won't stop it, but at least you'll have evidence.

Is there any chance you can avoid parking near this bus route? The company sound like :censor:s, let alone the drivers.

As for the vandals... it's pure jealousy. If you sell up and buy another smart looking motor, it'll happen again no doubt. If this happened outside your house, have you considered installing a mini CCTV system (can be bought cheaply from B&Q and tune into your TV)? I know it won't stop it, but at least you'll have evidence.

I wasn't parked on the bus route as such, I was just at the side of the road on my phone, and the roads aren't exactly large in Guernsey, so you can't get away from the buses really.

And I wouldn't recommend those B&Q Home Security Kits. There is no way to record the image you are seeing as it just comes up on screen as an input so to speak. And they are very cheap kit. P.S. I work at B&Q ;)

damn tom your car was/probbaly still is sweet and i still love it dont be defeated!

I'll take some pics of all the various damage in the next couple of days, it's heart breaking

And I wouldn't recommend those B&Q Home Security Kits. There is no way to record the image you are seeing as it just comes up on screen as an input so to speak. And they are very cheap kit. P.S. I work at B&Q ;)

Just use a DVD recorder...granted need to have the quality set low to record for a full night... cheap and cheerfull solution.

I'm curious..why wouldn't the bus company pay up? They must have had a reason..that you were happy with? I woudn't of been happy..and would have taken it further.

Vipes

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links