Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Part Exchange Value Of T-sport

nam

Hi,

Can anyone advise what figure i should be looking at getting for a 53 plate (registered 2004) 5 door t-sport with 12k mileage. The car is thunder grey and A1 condition.

Cheers :)

Cost New ('04) £ 12595

Franchised Dealer £ 8350

Independent Dealer £ 7510

Private Good £ 7055

Private Poor £ 5955

Part Exchange £ 6540

Thats for 10k mileage so maybe a little less than the advertised figure... :thumbsup:

unfortunatly, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay....

and its a slow market at the moment, if your looking for a quick sale, you'll have to undercut the competition, if you can wait, you may get close to book...

interesting thought i'd check with the experts here , as lexus dealers are offering me 7,300 in p/x for IS200Is that a good deal ?

To be honest, it depends exactly how much the Lexus dealer is discounting the IS200.................you usually do not get a good trade in and a good discount.

The Lexus is not a cheap car so £800 above the "Book" trade in for your Yaris is not a lot compared to the cost of the replacement car.

dealers normally give u a good part ex but reduce the discount on your new car, so you need to work out the total cost to change before you know if you are getting a good deal.

What car! will give you a good guide as to how discount you should be getting off your IS200

total cost to change is that - dealer discount minus cost of p/x ? , so ideally i should be looking for a higher p/x value is that correct ?

dealers normally give u a good part ex but reduce the discount on your new car, so you need to work out the total cost to change before you know if you are getting a good deal.

What car! will give you a good guide as to how discount you should be getting off your IS200

unfortunatly, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay....

and its a slow market at the moment, if your looking for a quick sale, you'll have to undercut the competition, if you can wait, you may get close to book...

got to agree with the above, parkers values are a bit off your car although they give you an idea but are not tailored towards your car unless you pay £2.95 at glasses which, gives you the exact part exchange price based on the parameters you enter.

an example from glasses

is px : excellent/average/poor

private : excellent/average/poor

That way you know for sure and this is what all garages use! Known as book value etc. :thumbsup: good luck

problem is you part x it and you get a crap price and you sell it private you get a crap price cos nobody is gonna buy a car of that value and not have a warranty its a loose loose situation

total cost to change is that - dealer discount minus cost of p/x ? , so ideally i should be looking for a higher p/x value is that correct ?

total cost to change = price of lexus - part ex price of yaris

eg assuming both dealer A and B had identical cars:

dealer A offers lexus at 10k and your Yaris £7k then cost to change = £3K

or

dealer B offers same lexus at 9k and your Yaris £6k then cost to change = £3K

so to tell whether u got a good deal you need to look at whether the price for your Lexus

is a good price and not inflated just to give you a good price on your yaris

problem is you part x it and you get a crap price and you sell it private you get a crap price cos nobody is gonna buy a car of that value and not have a warranty its a loose loose situation

Still a year warranty left on mine til 2007 :)