Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Brake's

coolmatt123

Ive had my Yaris for 4 and half years, done 45,000 miles and not changed any of the pads, there is no obvious squeeling noise and they still seem smooth and fairly responsive, is this normal and how much longer can i expect them to last, i do fairly short trips in the city and some motor way journeys.

Think my first set of fronts went at about 65k? The backs should last a lot longer than that.

45k in 41/2 years! - whats wrong with you!

Darrens TS was changed alot but we were in it alot

umm ive not even got to 40k and my cars 6yr old :unsure:

I've just had to have mine done at 33000, Y reg, as the MOT showed that the front discs were pitted and could not be skimmed, and that the pads were down to 4mm, which would have lasted a bit but i thought i might as well get the lot done at once! Suppose it depends on your braking style, as my car was owned by someone else i'm not sure how it was treated before i had it!!

Think my first set of fronts went at about 65k? The backs should last a lot longer than that.

thats the average man!

10k a year..

4 years... 40k

half a year.. 5k

45k man!

Isn't average 12k now matt, thought it went up because there are a lot more company car drivers and such these days? B)

well i though 45k was about average, but i thought 45000 sounded alot on one set of front pads, but i suppose as someone has 65k on the front it isnt to bad.

With a T Sport it’s easy and great to drive it ‘enthusiastically’ so IMO the brakes, although lasting a while, may wear sooner than the average car.

Welcome back :lol:

Toyota said at the last service (June) that my brakes needed replacing asap.... that was at 30k I think... car's now at 38k and has been checked by both my local garage and at 35k by Rob at Envy and both have said they were fine... Toyota trying to get money again! Tut Tut!

Due to the recent 'management restructure' I’ve returned!

:D

lmao how sad is that :lol: you know i've missed you, but nice to see your still wierd......

Ive had my Yaris for 4 and half years, done 45,000 miles and not changed any of the pads, there is no obvious squeeling noise and they still seem smooth and fairly responsive, is this normal and how much longer can i expect them to last, i do fairly short trips in the city and some motor way journeys.

The use on your brakes is obviously going to vary as to how aggresively you use them and how often you drive. Im sure they will be fine as others have had no problems! For piece of mind, you could always go along to a small local garage you trust and have them checked. Even better would be to have a look your self (get a haynes manual if needed) and im sure people on here can tell you what to look for if you are unsure!

O and Welcome to TOC!!!!

I must be honest I’m chuffed to bits with the standard brakes on the Yaris; they are the best I’ve had on any car.

This is sad but true but the one of the main reasons for getting a T Sport was due to it having rear disc’s and being able to see the brake mechanism through the alloy wheels :drool:

I just think it looks so cool :rolleyes:

Anyone know why the pads are blue in the rears?

Any significance as to why the pads are blue?

I think mine are a greenie colour in the front, one thing for sure, I don’t get any brake dust.

Any significance as to why the pads are blue?

I think mine are a greenie colour in the front, one thing for sure, I don’t get any brake dust.

Not a clue... but i get a frig load of brake dust... well, i used to anyway... don't seem to anymore... hmmm

Well....I'm not what I'd call an agressive driver, and have over 89,000K on the clock of a 2000 yaris (X plate), and my most recent MOT said that my brakes were still OK!! Up until last summer, I was doing 60 miles round trip a day :D

my brakes are 20% worn at the front after 4 years and 22k miles, maybe i should drive enthusiastically more often or the last person never stopped...

I think whoever had the car before me was driving with the brakes on all the time! Its the only logical explaination as to why mine were so bad. To be fair i didnt think they were bad, but i was talking to a mechanic friend and he was saying that they degrade over time, not all in one go, so you naturally adjust to having to brake a bit harder without realising! Makes sense really!

By the way, i think my front pads are blue too! :thumbsup:

All of the Yaris pads are blue as standard - they just tend to get slathered with copperslip to stop them gunking up - also brake dust does stick to them and discolour them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links