Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Some Help

hoho15

hey ive got a friend who does powder coating and he offered to do my rocket cover(i think thats what people call them, well thats what he called it) for me for 20 quid but ive heard some info off my mate is that if i take my rocket cover off i would have to replace the gasket, is this true? if so how much is a replacement?

many thanks hoho!

depends mate. most toyota engines use a rubber rocker, or cam cover to give it its proper name, gasket. if so and it isnt to brittle then youll be ok.

if you want to be sure get one from Mr T they shouldnt be too dear

i think what Dawsey meant is that the gaskets are rubber, the cover is aluminium, if you powder coat it/them it will retain heat more (not much) it will be better to go for a metallic powder coat to stop this

ic but my main question was when i take the rocket cover off will i need 2 replace the gasket? sorry if i wasnt clear

"depends mate. most toyota engines use a rubber rocker, or cam cover to give it its proper name, gasket. if so and it isnt to brittle then youll be ok.

if you want to be sure get one from Mr T they shouldnt be too dear" Dawesy

What he said :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links