Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Big Gun!

Yarisboy

A few years ago I had this .mpg on CD, lent it out and never got it back but it cracked me up so much

today I found it again :D

the BIG gun

I love it :lol:

well worth a look if you're bored at work or somethin

lol it's a powerful rifle m8, i've got a heavy american guy firing it too and it blows him back on to the glass

Wailey bob!!!

lolol i'd love to know what that means :lol:

poor guy was winded it hit him so hard

Nice won sam. Thats what happens if you try to be gangsta :thumbsup:

jerry!!

you can fire a rifle from any possition, his hold of the rifle is all wrong.

if your firing standing up you need to lean into the rifle, an hold the fore stock with a twist grip

by the looks of this rifle it is a larger calbre than 7.62

the bolt on the breach looks similer to a .303 calibre, but i highly doubt it will be that as that is an old imperial calibre

it's an elephant gun and it was designed to be too powerful for people to hold whilst firing, that's the hilarity of it you see, some unsuspecting people fire it to see if they can withstand the horrible kickback from the shot :lol:

I have another clip of a... substantially large American guy and he cannot handle it either, i don't have a link small enough for that video though as it's 2.5meg :(

7.62 is the same calibre that the AK-47 uses, it's alot more vicious than that!

7.62 was the standard calibre for all rifles especially those made for NATO countries, the calibre has now dropped to 5.56

will that have been due to humanitarian reasons? so the bullet didn't cause as much damage... some how making it more justified? lol

now u mention it the SA80 is 5.56 as well as the M4a1, good point supercharged!

I think the AK is still the most widely used firearm throughout the world though, so many were made

They stopped using 7.62 cos when it hit you it would generally remove limbs, the old army slr's were 7.62 that was a good rifle the round would go thru a foot of oak and still kill ya.

SA80's are like toys compared to them

I believe the belgian FN rifles are also 7.62.

the reason the AK487 is the osst common weapon in use is that the things are what is politely termed boonproof, you can bury the things for years and with a good clean they'll still work also designed so russian peasants couls use them with minimal maintenance

the belgium FN is what the SLR was based on , the model was made underlicense by Enfield

the sa80 a2 is better....infact in recent "classified reports" was actually better than any other personal weapon in tests used by any NATO country

you can fire a rifle from any possition, his hold of the rifle is all wrong.

if your firing standing up you need to lean into the rifle, an hold the fore stock with a twist grip

by the looks of this rifle it is a larger calbre than 7.62

Oh well.... you learn something new every-day...

I suppose it was a few years ago.. my memory isn't what it once was...

I've only ever fired 7.62 from a lying position.. (Parker Hale :drool: ) ...

Many points to cover here, I agree that this is larger charge than a normal 303/308 or 7.62.

His posture was wrong, as was his grip, the stock was too high in his shoulder which is why it bit him, imagine being a skinny 14 year old kid firing a 303 for the first time, that is what Achmed has just felt like.

At a rough guess it was probably one of those crazy american wildcat cartridge chambered pieces beloved by our friends :unsure: across the pond, a normal sized round on a massive cartridge, loud, very fast and kicks like a mule!!

Point of interest is the 5.56mm round used by NATO.

This actually started life as the Remington .223, so basically a 22 copper jacketed round on a large case, big bang very fast, very high muzzle velocity actually designed for killing woodchucks at a mile. American troops have used these now for close to fifty years, the armalite was the first rifle chambered in this calibre. Now we get down to the reality of the 223 round, it travels very fast but is very light, which means on impact it has very little energy, (unlike the 303/308/7.62, slower heavier and immense energy), well unlike the larger round which had the tendancy to go straight through, the 223 doesn't..............what is the point of killing an enemy? The other troops see him drop but carry on, but imagine if he is hit by something which changes direction everytime it hits something? Imagine being shot in the shoulder and the round leaving via a thigh or worse? Imagine how it would hurt, we don't want to kill our enemies and if we do we use the new fabled 7.62 or 50 cal sniper rifles.

Another thing would you rather carry 200 5.56 rounds or 200 7.62 rounds?

Master Simon removes his green waxed anorak and places it back into the redundant firearms cupboard, regretting the day a senior police officer did not do his job and deprive a known paedophile of his firearms, the UK will be a safer place they said, get all those nasty guns off the streets, only now there are no public, legally held pistols in the UK yet gun crime is at a far worse level than ever, but we still got the blame!

I'm now off to calm me self down.

Soz for the rant, loved me shooting big time. :mellow: