Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Revving And Exhaust Mods

bondy101

Does anyone think like i do the yaris t sport is a bit unwilling to rev?? i was wondering if changing the exhaust to a catback system does anything to change the way it revs

Yeah 'normally' they rev out at about 6.5k.

Either a sports cat or decat will improve the 'revviness' and a lightweight aux pulley helps too as the revs are able to build more freely - less inertia.

cheers guys i was thinking something like that, my mate just had a custom dual exhaust fitted to his mg zr n did wonders, he still cant beat me in a drag race tho lmao

when i had the straight through system on mine the top end engine accelration was superb, it went from 5k to redline that fast it almost looked like it was miss firing, but a quick timing check prooved it was timed perfect

just lost a bit of bottom end power though

mine revs to 8200k but mine is a celica :D

Ahh its not fair, them engines love to scream i got a drive in the corolla t sport, awesome engine :drool:

awesome engine :drool:

Sorry to bust your bubble... but it ain't that good.

Yes, once the VVTL-i kicks in at 6500rpm then it's an absolute screamer... great fun. But unless you bounce it off the limiter on every gear change, then when you change it drops out of the 'zone' or power band and you have t waaaaaaait for the 6500rpm to hit you again. It's a daft design really.

Plus, it only has 130 lb/ft of torque on an engine with 189bhp... that's quite poor.

Yes, it's a nice engine, maybe even a good engine, but it's by no means awesome. Too many flaws that shouldn't be there.

Not bursting my bubble i dont own one, but its a good design economical when you need it at low revs then when you get the urge rev it and the powers there :rolleyes:

mine revs to 8200k but mine is a celica :D

Ahh its not fair, them engines love to scream i got a drive in the corolla t sport, awesome engine :drool:

Mine revs to 9k ;)

ya but ita aint a toyota ya spoon :)

Id prefer to be knife! :lol:

Its jap though :drool: hehe

S2K kicks some serious *****, handling is superb with the 50/50 weight balance, neighbour few doors down has one!!! :thumbsup:

Saw one in a ditch at the side of a dual carriageway, apparently his v-tec cut in as he hit a bump in the road, so be careful mate :thumbsup:

his engine is so much fun between 6-8k :D

lol

nothing... nothing... nothing... nothing... nothing... 6k! whee there we go!

change gear....

nothing......

turbos rule! :lol:

if u bounce mine just before the limiter, it keeps the revvs up i.e. in lift

And as proved yesterday by mate in his Corolla TS... doing that results in a tank of fuel being eaten in just over 100 miles.

Hmm... that's less than 10mpg on its 12.5 gallon tank... Not very good for a 1.8!

i get 32-39 to gallon on mine, thats with the odd ocasion (probably more than the odd ocassion) of nailing it all the way to 8k

i get 32-39 to gallon on mine, thats with the odd ocasion (probably more than the odd ocassion) of nailing it all the way to 8k

Your only human :thumbsup:

I don't get that on my 1.3 Yaris! Man... speed up! :lol:

i do motory miles really, so knock it in 6th all the way.

Yeah and ask Chris C about me speeding up :D