Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

People With Aftermarket Exhausts

armoredfist2002

I've had my exhaust for over a year, and thought i'd just ask

when the engine's revving about 2000RPM the exhaust seems loud inside the car you can hear it rumbling away, but at about 2500RPM it goes really quiet in the car and at about 3000RPM the car seems to get louder both from exhaust and engine.

Does it seem right that the exhaust should go quiet, as I cannot be outside and i've got no one else to drive past me to tell whether it goes quiet or not, but I would doubt that as there is still exhaust gasses going through the exhaust to make a noise.

Sorry if it seems like a pointless thread, but I didn't notice it with my previous car, and just thought i'd ask as a few of you have probably owned cars longer than me.

thanks

Mine does it, lol few would say mine goes as low as quiet :D

Yep - similar things used to happen with my HKS - certain revs it was quiet then all of a sudden noisey.

The single best thing I ever did was to remove the soundproofing panel thats under the bonnet. It sounds mad - but its almost as though the noise isnt tranmitted into the car anymore and therefore is quieter inside.

Im afraid the only way to convince urself that your car sounds sexy is to get someone you trust to rag past you...

thanks for that

I've already removed the panel from the underneath of the bonnet as it was rubbing a hole in the rubber of the induction kit.

May get a bit louder when I get a sports cat and header.

thanks for that

I've already removed the panel from the underneath of the bonnet as it was rubbing a hole in the rubber of the induction kit.

May get a bit louder when I get a sports cat and header.

Slightly mate, it makes a massive difference but sounds ace :thumbsup:

just different sound waves and levels will make it sound louder in the car etc...

when my mr2 idles at 750rpm its rather quiet, at around 1500-2000 it sounds like a Eurofighter ticking over.... then goes quietish upto around 4k, then screams !Removed! murder before making a real loud howl on redline when the wastegate is wide open

and im spent!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links