Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Mpg.

toodlechops

Hi, just been to bournemouth from my house (West Yorks) approx 288 miles, filled up when i got there, the cost........£18.55pence seeing as im a tight **** thats made me really happy. :yes:

That sounds about right to me. I get a little over 500 (lead footed) miles to a tank and that costs me around £40.00

:thumbsup:

A

PS after years of just being me there seem to be thousands of D-4D drivers around here now :rolleyes:

My other half regularly gets 600 miles to a tank, that's WITH the tuning box fitted.

I don't call her Twinkletoes for nothing :)

sounds much like i get, I am yet to drive as economically as I could in my d4d because I'm always running late in the mornings! One of these weeks I might actually drive at 60 all week and see how I fare then. But even with the way I drive I'm getting about 60mpg anyway. Anyone using Biodiesel out there. I get the 95/5 type near my office, not that it really drops the emissions much, no-one sells the pure stuff anywhere near me so no hope of becoming carbon neutral unless I get the kit and start making my own. Some bloke does that near me and gets all the unwanted cooking fat from the local restaurants to make it, good eh?

I get 28mpg average! I fill up with £36-£38 of petrol every week whilst covering about 280-300miles. All that economy stuff has never appealed to me. I'd rather have some fun than pinch my pennys!

I often get annoyed with people whinging about how their cars don't meet the manufacturers mpg figures, or that fuel is way too expensive.

Well, why bother buying the frickin' car?!?! You knew when you bought it (cars bought after 1999 this applies to mostly) that fuel was expensive and you knew that only about 2% of cars sold meet the manufacturers figures. Stop whinging and just drive the damn car... surely that's what it was bought for!!

Anyone using Biodiesel out there. I get the 95/5 type near my office, not that it really drops the emissions much, no-one sells the pure stuff anywhere near me so no hope of becoming carbon neutral unless I get the kit and start making my own. Some bloke does that near me and gets all the unwanted cooking fat from the local restaurants to make it, good eh?

No, but I'd love to and every little helps, I suppose...

I know quite a few folk in the US that run on bio-d and it seems a bit more available over there. I move down to Central Scotland next week, so I'd going to start looking for a source in the Glasgow area.

I get 28mpg average! I fill up with £36-£38 of petrol every week whilst covering about 280-300miles. All that economy stuff has never appealed to me. I'd rather have some fun than pinch my pennys!

I often get annoyed with people whinging about how their cars don't meet the manufacturers mpg figures, or that fuel is way too expensive.

Well, why bother buying the frickin' car?!?! You knew when you bought it (cars bought after 1999 this applies to mostly) that fuel was expensive and you knew that only about 2% of cars sold meet the manufacturers figures. Stop whinging and just drive the damn car... surely that's what it was bought for!!

Blah blah blah! :P ;) Honstly Seveer, it becomes a sort of game after a while... "How far can I go in this tankfull?" but normally ends 3 minutes later in "I'll just make sure I get off the roudabout before this knob in a Saxo..."

I'm not interested in Bio-d from a cost point of view, but rather as a small step towards becoming carbon-neutral. Have to make up for the pollution from the PETROL 2cv somehow ;)

I think its almost time I grew a beard and started wearing sandals tbh...

A

(ban the bomb...)

Blah blah blah! :P ;) Honstly Seveer, it becomes a sort of game after a while... "How far can I go in this tankfull?" but normally ends 3 minutes later in "I'll just make sure I get off the roudabout before this knob in a Saxo..."

I'm not interested in Bio-d from a cost point of view, but rather as a small step towards becoming carbon-neutral. Have to make up for the pollution from the PETROL 2cv somehow ;)

I think its almost time I grew a beard and started wearing sandals tbh...

A

(ban the bomb...)

Give that man his pot pipe and shaggin' wagon!

I can see the game actually... when i used to have my matiz (hardly a sports car!!) i used to see what it'd do to the tank... i lost interest once i realised that it used to never run out of fuel! Seriousy, it lasted for about 500 miles yet it's tank was tiny!! Plus, i used to leave until empty then when my mum went to work in it... she filled it up! Now that's cheap fuel!! :lol:

I wasn't making a notion towards bio-d with the mpg rant, just having a general rant. I too think that everybody should do their part to help the world. I'd don't drive, and don't intend driving anything in an eco-warrior way. But, i help the environment in many other ways... we fill two large wheelie bins of recycling every month. I take many bags of glass jars to the bottle bank every month, i re-use plastic bags and i donate money to three charities on a direct debit basis.

Everyone should do at least something to help... it's that whole thing of 'if every one gave £1 to help...' it soon adds up.

I think im ready for my tie-dyes and long hair now!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Mr T rated his D-4D's for biodiesel?

The D-4D has so much stomp you can get excellent economy figures while still driving like a loon, practical and exciting? ..... oh my God it's turning into a Skoda vRS advert !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links