Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Back Ache

ssk2

Hi guys,

Been driving my new (used) SR for a week now and my back is killing me!

I wonder if there is anything I can do to improve the seats (aside from replacing them!)?

I normally drive with the seat fairly far back and the incline at about 10 - 15 degrees from the vertical, I've tried moving it forward a bit so its maybe 5 degrees from the vertical but it doesn't seem to help much.

Anyone got any solutions / ideas?

i suffer terribly from backache try sitting closer and more upright,

you then are forced into the seat more rather than lounging

Sitting straight will help your back - my seat is like this - L - and I suffer from back problems and I am never uncomfortable in the car.

It'll take a while to get used to if you sit more reclined, but its much better for you.

also another thing about back ache whilst driving, i found my self using the throttle with my foot slanted, if u get what i mean. Rather than the fill foot covering the throttle, i used to use like my toes and rest my hell, non-purpendicular to the throttle (if u get what i mean:S)

After correcting that, my back hurted no more :)

Yeah I don't think it's a problem with the seats, try a more upright position. I must admit to being a 'lounger' but am fortunate to not suffer with back pain.

i have the t-sport seats and not had any problems but they do suppost more than the other seats. but im a lounger as well. infact im told i lie down when driving lol :P

i have the t-sport seats and not had any problems but they do suppost more than the other seats. but im a lounger as well. infact im told i lie down when driving lol :P

Yes, when I was younger and driving my parents' cars they always complained about my "wanabe F1 driver" seating position. :driving::ph34r:

It's less extreme now but you still wouldn't want to be sitting in the back! :wacko:

I'm and "upright" and I've done all sorts of silly Yaris journeys without a problem (Perthshire to Surrey, 450 miles by lunchtime sort of silly).

Give a slightly different seat position a shot..

A

i dont get any ache - did when i drove my dad's mondeo which had the lumber support almost /_

but being long i dont have much choice and the seat is all the way back with a hint of reclinedness

in my 1.0l the seats im my opinion were murder, so uncomfy!

but the seats in the t-sport are superb, alot more supportive and softer :yes:

Hi guys,

Been driving my new (used) SR for a week now and my back is killing me!

I wonder if there is anything I can do to improve the seats (aside from replacing them!)?

I normally drive with the seat fairly far back and the incline at about 10 - 15 degrees from the vertical, I've tried moving it forward a bit so its maybe 5 degrees from the vertical but it doesn't seem to help much.

Anyone got any solutions / ideas?

Haven't tried it myself but the RAC say in an advert on the radio that rolling up a towel and putting at the small ofyour back will help prevent back ache. I suppose a cusion would do the same :thumbsup:

Hey Guys,

Changed my seating position and my backs not feeling so bad, so cheers :D.

Mind you, I've been doing less driving this week and started up the gym again, so maybe thats why, but its better anyway :).

Drove my gran's Micra just to see the difference and its like driving a truck :-\. Glad I have the Yaris :).

Good description Robie!!

I Must admit my backs been a tad on the sore side recently until i straightened my seat a bit, and since then its been perfect! And i know my seats ain't the best but hey... Works for me! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links