Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Boot Install

Tara

Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone on here had done there own custom boot install and how they went about it? (pics would be good!!) I'm looking to put two 10" pioneer subs in my boot to replace my current 12" sub as it's taking up far too much space. I was hoping to install one sub on either side of the boot but still have access to the spare wheel. Any ideas or has anyone tried this?

Thanks

Tara :)

Quite a few of us have done boot installs, most just basic mounting of stuff but it is about the best use of such a little boot space! Kerby (with the T-Sport - The artist formerly known as Caravan!!) is quite good with wood and design and stuff (He did most of my boot install!!) He might be a good dude to ask for advice? There's plenty more people around who are quite handy too...

I can show you a pic of my boot but its not the same as what you're looking at doing, infact its very simple and bland!! :lol:

Yeah i've been looking into it more and decided two 10" subs is going to take away too much of the boot plus the spare wheels a problem. So i'm just going to upgrade my my curren 12" sub to a better one and hopefully mount it in the side though the plastic at either side looks like it will be hard to get around. So if anyone one has mounted on the side of their yaris's boot some tips would be appreciated!

Tara

Tara,

I have a full boot (and i mean full):

Audio.JPG

And i've had to change a tyre once! Its no hassle as long as you don't nail stuff down, because you can roll the back seats forward completely and just slide everything back, providing you have enough slack cable!!

That way you don't have to worry about your spare and it can be moved in a couple of minutes if you need to get at it...

Just a thought! :thumbsup:

(And yes, before anyone says anything, i am going to tidy up my wiring when the weather gets nicer!!)

I think this one shows a piccie of my install, i dunno if that helps :thumbsup:

Thanks, thats a really nice set up. Must be pretty loud!! Not quite what I want though, I really need to be able to use the boot as much as possible. If I can that is!!

I have a full boot (and i mean full):

Yeah this is like what I have just now, my sub box fills half my boot except my amp is attached to the side of the subbox. What i'm hoping to do is have two amps on the backs of the rear seats and my sub tucked away in a custom enclosure on the driver side of the boot so it's well out the way of the spare wheel.

Thanks for the help though :)

Also could you have mounted that amp on the sub box to save some room or just too big? Maybe if you had smaller amp? (was talking about dicey but maybe applies to you too)

I remember people saying that under the rear seats is hollow so you could mount amps there (maybe with vent for cooling if needed) and then get a custom fibreglass (covered in whatever you want) sub holder for your subs in the corners if you still wanted that set up?

Yeah this is like what I have just now, my sub box fills half my boot except my amp is attached to the side of the subbox. What i'm hoping to do is have two amps on the backs of the rear seats and my sub tucked away in a custom enclosure on the driver side of the boot so it's well out the way of the spare wheel.

Thanks for the help though :)

Ahh right yeah, sounds good! At the moment all my spare wire so i can move the box is thrown in that other box with the amp mounted on it, i really do need to tidy it up a bit (mind you its been like that since JAE!!)

Don't forget to throw some piccies up when you eventually get it done :thumbsup:

Also could you have mounted that amp on the sub box to save some room or just too big? Maybe if you had smaller amp? (was talking about dicey but maybe applies to you too)

I remember people saying that under the rear seats is hollow so you could mount amps there (maybe with vent for cooling if needed) and then get a custom fibreglass (covered in whatever you want) sub holder for your subs in the corners if you still wanted that set up?

I don't think the seats are hollow under the T-Sport, that's where the fuel tank is! If its anything like mine there's no room at all under the seats apart from a little bit (maybe an inch) where the runners are so it will slide back and forth.

I was going to mount the amp on the back of the box, but i didnt see the point as I don't use my bootspace for anything, and also the 2nd box stops the sub/amp sliding around and is easier to move than velcro!!

Also, i wanted the box to be as well sealed as poss, so i didnt want to be making more holes in it!! B)

Ahh right yeah, sounds good! At the moment all my spare wire so i can move the box is thrown in that other box with the amp mounted on it, i really do need to tidy it up a bit (mind you its been like that since JAE!!)

Don't forget to throw some piccies up when you eventually get it done :thumbsup:

Yeah I will do, I have the parcel shelf made out of MDF so far just waiting on the audio carpet coming through and the fact I dont own any 6x9's anymore (sister stole them along with my old car) should be getting the yellow Pioneer ones for my birthday though. Just need to get my old alloys sold then hopefully I can start buying the rest! Wish it was a faster easier process than it is...

I was thinking, i'm not sure what other people have done, but even if there is enough room for the amps under the seats, allowing for good ventilation and seat mounts etc, then i'm not so sure if you can bolt them down because of the fuel tank, so it might have to be a velcro jobbie?

Don't quote me though, i'm no expert!

I was thinking, i'm not sure what other people have done, but even if there is enough room for the amps under the seats, allowing for good ventilation and seat mounts etc, then i'm not so sure if you can bolt them down because of the fuel tank, so it might have to be a velcro jobbie?

Don't quote me though, i'm no expert!

I'm not to sure if I like the idea of having them under my rear seats anyway. Seems a bit dodgy if they managed to overheat or soemthing stupid... Think i'd rather have them put onto the back of the rear seats then there also easier to get too if a wire comes loose of something.

I may be wrong i just thought i heard someone else suggest that ages ago!!! But yeah i thought most people did use industrial strength velcro over bolting down to keep car in tact! I aint an expert in this area at all so dont quote me on anything! :P Car audio seems so more confusing than i had hoped!

Its pretty easy when you have had to re-do it in 8 cars mate, trust me!! :rolleyes:

I've just been out to the car park and had a look under the back seat, and theres some room, but nowhere near enough to allow for good ventilation, the amp would literally be jammed between the seat and the base of the car!!!

Was going to take a photo but someones borrowed my departments camera and not returned it!! !Removed! teachers :angry::lol:

I've just been out to the car park and had a look under the back seat, and theres some room, but nowhere near enough to allow for good ventilation, the amp would literally be jammed between the seat and the base of the car!!!

Yeah didnt think there would be enough room for ventilation, i'll try the seat backs for the amps and see how that goes. Just need money now! :thumbsup:

Tara

Hey tanya, not my cars but have a look at these boot builds to give you some ideas :thumbsup:

Cheers for the pics, the names Tara not Tanya by the way :P Looking for something a bit less extreme for my boot.

i love ross's i think its really tidy, looks really good in my opinion

( ross's is the second boot build that james attached)

Yeah it does look good, just I want to be able to easily get my spare wheel out as I live in the middle of nowhere and if I was to get a puncture i'd be sitting there all night waiting on someone to come if I couldnt get it out myself. Hopefully putting a sub in the drivers side of he boot will work (that way the spare wheels easy to get to still).

Tara

Anything bigger than a coat in the boot is going to severly dent your abilities of getting the spare wheel out. You have to pull the seats forward, lift the carpet up, lift the plastic top up, unscrew the wheel, remove the wheel and jack and then you can change the wheel... anything obstructing the plastic or carpet will prevent you from getting the wheel out.

Just get whatever sub it is you want and just use velcro to secure it down. Then put some removable plugs in the cables and you can just unplug the sub and lift it out whenever you need to change a wheel.

You'd have to take the sub out anyway, so this seems most logical.

Anything bigger than a coat in the boot is going to severly dent your abilities of getting the spare wheel out. You have to pull the seats forward, lift the carpet up, lift the plastic top up, unscrew the wheel, remove the wheel and jack and then you can change the wheel... anything obstructing the plastic or carpet will prevent you from getting the wheel out.

Just get whatever sub it is you want and just use velcro to secure it down. Then put some removable plugs in the cables and you can just unplug the sub and lift it out whenever you need to change a wheel.

You'd have to take the sub out anyway, so this seems most logical.

What I intend to do is is get rid of the carpet and the plastic top covering the spare wheel that way I have more room to play with. The sub enclosure I want to make for the side will be sitting on an MDF base covered in acoustic carpet that is cut so the MDF above the spare wheel lifts up easily (perhaps on a hinge or some another method) The sub enclosure won't be attached to the rear seats so they can go forward and if I leave enough wire from the sub to the amps this should cause no problem. Does this sound plausable?

Tara

What I intend to do is is get rid of the carpet and the plastic top covering the spare wheel that way I have more room to play with. The sub enclosure I want to make for the side will be sitting on an MDF base covered in acoustic carpet that is cut so the MDF above the spare wheel lifts up easily (perhaps on a hinge or some another method) The sub enclosure won't be attached to the rear seats so they can go forward and if I leave enough wire from the sub to the amps this should cause no problem. Does this sound plausable?

Tara

To a degree, yes... but it therefore seems you know what you're doing... we are but humble peasants m'laydee, we ar' of no 'elp t' your good self!

Best bet is to just go for any sub you like the sound and design of, make sure it fits and wire the beast up!

YazRear2.jpg

Thats what used to be in Yaz... I never bothered with a sub.. and that was half way through wiring it all up.... but the point being... if you have your sub to one side... you can mount your amp on the back of the seats... and hence have some space in front of it for putting stuff in the boot / less stuff to shift out the way to get at the spare.... (bearing in mind if you keep an eye on tread levels and pressure of tyres.. they should last well until you replace (and you dont go driving over any sharp objects ;) )

You think you got problems... try fitting all that gubbins into an MR2 ;) lol... wanna put something in boot? yeah gotta go through engine bay first hehehe...

Good luck with whatever you decide on tho :thumbsup:

( ross's is the second boot build that james attached)

It is??!! WOW!! :lol: My mum must have been busy whilst i've been in UK then ;)

DSC00706.jpg

That's mine. A little messy as it took me a combined total of about 5-6 hours to actually build it. Soon to be redeveloped with 2 12" Lanzar subs when I return to Cyprus

heres mine back when i had the 1.0l

boot_fans.jpg

subs_inward.jpg

note last pic the power cap had not been installed,

managed to render my rear view mirror useless by loosening the windscreen with this system

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links