Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crashed My Yaris Due To A Drunken Idiot

TomF

Well, I'm afraid due to an idiotic drunk, my Yaris is now somewhat wrecked.

Was coming round a corner, having a bit of fun, only for an idiotic drunk man to be walking in the middle of the road as I'm coming round the corner, swerved to avoid him, lost the rear end as it was slightly damp and hit a kerb on the other side of the road, which then sent me spinning back onto the correct side of the road, through a tree, across a load of grass backwards, and into a wall.

Here's a few pictures

dsc022399jv.jpg

dsc022412yg.jpg

dsc022558yz.jpg

dsc022531aq.jpg

Ouch!

Sorry to hear that mate - are you ok?

I know you think its cursed, but luck changes - do you have any idea on the cost of repairs? What have your insurance company said?

And hey, it might not be much consolation, but at least you didnt hit that drunk guy - that would have been worse!

sorry to hear this bud....

although, it does like you were going some... just hope no one was hurt..

I wasn't going some.

The road was damp, and the grass soaked, so as soon as it hit the grass it was sliding forever.

And I was unharmed, as was the pedestrian, who, I might add, scarpered as soon as he saw what had happened it seems, as by the time I was pulled out the car and realised what had happened the guy had gone

I mounted the grass backwards, it was fishtailing all the way from the initial swerving and it finally gave way and spun round sending me onto the grass backwards, through that tree and into the wall

sorry to hear this, u have been having a bad time recently havnt u, least u were not hurt tho, thats the main thing !!

Mate - Im just glad you're ok.

Some people can be a little too judgemental sometimes...

... at the end of the day the car can be fixed and you can move on.

Take it easy mate ...

Sorry mate, just trying to make light of a bad situation, it could have been worse :yes:

Sorry to here this mate, you are unlucky. I was in the same situation over a year ago allthough i was very unlucky my car was hardly damaged except for a dent in roof.

It will all be okay mate, your prob feeling **** but as long as your fully comp youll be okay

Sorry, same the most thing to my mother. :(

If you are ok, that is the most important. Toyota are many, life is only one.

Be pacient on the road, not is the hospital. :thumbsup:

Man i really feel sorry for you after all those problems before and this! maybe you cursed yourself! But na its just bad luck! Hope you get it repaired ok and for little cost!

Good luck with the future and just aswell your ok!

Yeowch...

Glad nobody was hurt - get her fixed up and it will be fine :thumbsup:

Take care,

A

At the end of the day a car is just some metal & other materials stuck together, it can be fixed, if you'd have hit some1 there's a real chance that things couldn't. It sounds like you had bad luck, but if you think about it there was a real possibility of you hitting the drunk or another car/person once you'd lost control, count yourself lucky that the car took the main brunt of the accident.

sorry to hear this bud....

although, it does like you were going some... just hope no one was hurt..

I wasn't going some.

The road was damp, and the grass soaked, so as soon as it hit the grass it was sliding forever.

And I was unharmed, as was the pedestrian, who, I might add, scarpered as soon as he saw what had happened it seems, as by the time I was pulled out the car and realised what had happened the guy had gone

sorry to hear of your accident..but does look to be a built up area..with Zebra crossings, should think it's 30 mph area... sure travelled some after the initial impact!

I've done the same though on a Cold winter's morning.. wasn't a pedestrian but a pheasant....damn biggest pheasnt I've seen as well..came straight out the verge, I hit the brakes out of instinct..backend stepped out..I let off...pheasant impacted the windscreen - smashing it..well crazy paving.. I got a wheel on the grass..and that was it..no traction..no braking retardation at all...seemed amazing at the time..such slow motion and jack you could do I even had time to try and drive out of...well it works on the playstation, a few 360's across the grass verge later then finally hitting the crash barrier.

At least you walked out of it..tomorrows a new day.

Vipes

Sorry to hear about it mate, but your luck has to change sometime, we all have bad luck, feels like you are the only one at the time, but things can only get better!

Chin up :)

Scary! Just lucky that you or the guy in the road weren't hurt. Not that it seems like good luck at the moment to you, I guess.

Chin up mate. Hope she's sorted soon.

unlucky fella

ive done the same but i was on an A road at 60mph, the yaris is very very light on the back end and with similar damp conditions and a sharp reaction the back end went everywhere until i did a 180, hit a curb (smashing two wheels) and ending up stuck in a hedge!

doh!

Oh no!! So sorry to read this after your last post. Do you think you'll fix her up again or move onto something else now?

I'd agree the Yaris can be light at the back - the result can be quite startling as any other time it feels like you can almost put it though anything. That's the (perhaps false) sense confidence it can give you at times - although I'm not applying that to this situation, just personal experience.

Glad you and the drunkered are ok though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links