Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommended Engine Oil For Non-tvis 4age?

vanillaice

Hi,

I'm soon thinking of changing the oil in my rolla, just wondering what grade oil should I put in? The engine has done 130K. I have been using Castrol GTX - not sure of the grade - I think its the high mileage stuff, 15W-40.

Cheers,

ICE

Hi,

I'm soon thinking of changing the oil in my rolla, just wondering what grade oil should I put in? The engine has done 130K. I have been using Castrol GTX - not sure of the grade - I think its the high mileage stuff, 15W-40.

Cheers,

ICE

I've always used Magnatec. ... A 10W-40 its best one for 16v engines like the 4age, thats my view anyway

I've always used Magnatec. ... A 10W-40 its best one for 16v engines like the 4age, thats my view anyway

Cheers. Anyone else?

ICE

Going by your avatar your engine looks in good condition. Has it recently been rebuilt? AFAIK mine hasn't. Does this make a difference?

ICE

Going by your avatar your engine looks in good condition. Has it recently been rebuilt? AFAIK mine hasn't. Does this make a difference?

ICE

I fitted a new trd head gasket off of fensport and just used bit of elbow grease and lick of paint when putting it back together, 10w 40 is the right stuff . its been in mine the last 5 years 60000 miles, with no probs

Ive never bothered with 5w and the 10-40w and all that number business, i just buy fully synthetic and ive found when you engine flush b4 you change the oil, the mpg improves and also runs smoother and also goes a little better, but the magnatec is TOP also.

but i would never look beyond fully synthetic but only if you flush as if you dont, your ading the expensive stuff to the sludge and ruining it!!!

Ive never bothered with 5w and the 10-40w and all that number business, i just buy fully synthetic and ive found when you engine flush b4 you change the oil, the mpg improves and also runs smoother and also goes a little better, but the magnatec is TOP also.

but i would never look beyond fully synthetic but only if you flush as if you dont, your ading the expensive stuff to the sludge and ruining it!!!

Well, I bought some Castrol GTX Magnatec 10W-40 for Modern Engines. My car is in at the garage having a mongoose system fitted and sump gasket replaced. So I asked them to flush the engine and to change the oil while they were at it.

Can't wait to get her back :D

ICE

GWAAAN, your guna NOTICE the difference with the mongoose on :thumbsup:

and flushing is EXTREMELY important and its good to see youve arranged it, it should ride a bit smoother when its done and magnatec is Very good stuf

PM "Oilman" - he works for Opie Oils and they do cracking deals on excellent oil. Even has the stuff couriered to you within 48hrs. Just tell him the spec of your engine and he'll recommend something suitable.

I just bought 20ltrs of Silkolene Pro-S for a tad over £100 or so! And it's brilliant oil. :thumbsup: