Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superchip For The Rolla 97-00

big_bad_ant

Hey all!!

just wondering if anyone of you smart people know much about the fensport superchip for the 97-00 rolla.

Its £200 for the chip and says increase power, torque and throttle responses at 3000rpm and when you reach to 4500rpm it boost another 8bhp.

It sounds alright to me as i dont have the money for a conversion yet and this is just for a bit of fun. I dont think the price is too expensive coz i know other people's chip cos a lot more. Also i think Fennies is quite reliable.

What do you lot think? is it worth it??

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Ant

I had one on my Rolla before I had the conversion. On the 4a-fe engine it can only control the ignition timing - it can't do anything with the fuelling. It advnces the timing by a couple of degrees at about 3000rpm and again at about 4500rpm. I could definitely feel when it kicked in and it did make the car more "driveable" though I'm not sure about the power gains as I never put it on a rolling road until after the engine conversion. At the time (early 1999) it was about the only thing that was available. For more money you could go for the Dastek Unichip and that would probably give you greater gains.

oh i see... how much is the dastek unichip then and where can i get one? is it a lot of difference from this superchip?

cheers.

probs wont make a difference but im in the same situation is there much point in putting one in a 1.3 or is it even possible?

i know they do the chips at fennies for both 1.3 and 1.6. but i might give it a go for some cheap fun. hehe

thats what i was thinking, so i'll most probably give it a go. Corr!! iv got loads to do to my car before the big old JAE comes along...

oh i see... how much is the dastek unichip then and where can i get one? is it a lot of difference from this superchip?

cheers.

Unichip is going to cost in the region of £650. I only had one put on the supercharged 4a-gze (extra 18 bhp) NOT the 4a-fe so I can't give you any guide to what extra you might get from one. The place that fitted mine no longer deals with Dastek.

Hey all!!

just wondering if anyone of you smart people know much about the fensport superchip for the 97-00 rolla.

Its £200 for the chip and says increase power, torque and throttle responses at 3000rpm and when you reach to 4500rpm it boost another 8bhp.

It sounds alright to me as i dont have the money for a conversion yet and this is just for a bit of fun. I dont think the price is too expensive coz i know other people's chip cos a lot more. Also i think Fennies is quite reliable.

What do you lot think? is it worth it??

Cheers!! :thumbsup:

Ant

Isn't the £200 inclusive of VAT? If not then that's £235+postage and packing and however much again to fit it. The best price I've got for a Dastek Unichip for my car is £400 fitted with before and after dyno runs.

I wonder how much you could get a 1.6 4afe for? under £400? If I still had mine you could have that mate :(

thats 109bhp straight off and would be an easy swap todo + with your exhaust and filter your looking at just under 120bhp

might be an idea?

Unichip is going to cost in the region of £650. I only had one put on the supercharged 4a-gze (extra 18 bhp) NOT the 4a-fe so I can't give you any guide to what extra you might get from one. The place that fitted mine no longer deals with Dastek.

ummm... might consider that. first i need to find a place that do the Dastek chip.

thanks for your help though!!

:thumbsup:

ummm... might consider that. first i need to find a place that do the Dastek chip.

thanks for your help though!!

:thumbsup:

Millway in andover do it :thumbsup:

Isn't the £200 inclusive of VAT? If not then that's £235+postage and packing and however much again to fit it. The best price I've got for a Dastek Unichip for my car is £400 fitted with before and after dyno runs.

yeah. it doesnt include VAT. but if i was to get it i'll just drive up there so post and package will be out the way then i'll just need to worry about the labour when fitting.

Millway in andover do it :thumbsup:

do they?? i'll av a look into it then.

thanks for offering me your old engine though!! but i'll like your 4agze a bit more. hehe :lol:

if i was to do an ultimate conversion it'll have to be 3SGTE. too much work for it though and..........im skint.