Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timing Belt

ripspeedtimmy

Hi people

Just wondering when is the best time to change my timing belt on the car, or when is reccomended to change it. Its a 1995 1332cc 16v Sportif with 75,004 Miles. Its the late 1995 model (november 95) recently serviced. Just wondering if anyone can tell me when is best to replace it, thanks people

Hi people

Just wondering when is the best time to change my timing belt on the car, or when is reccomended to change it. Its a 1995 1332cc 16v Sportif with 75,004 Miles. Its the late 1995 model (november 95) recently serviced. Just wondering if anyone can tell me when is best to replace it, thanks people

Should be changed every 60,000 miles - so it's slightly overdue.

Oh, Do you know how much it is likely to cost me and could you reccomend anyone in the cardiff area that could do it, i had a price on the belt yesterday, £18.

have a look in the starlet section, I posted a guide for how to change the cambelt on this car. your engine is the same so its an almost similar process.

I would say you'd be lucky to get it for less than £150

Oh, Do you know how much it is likely to cost me and could you reccomend anyone in the cardiff area that could do it, i had a price on the belt yesterday, £18.

I think you are missing a 0 on the end... :)

All sorted now, going in tomorrow, went too see a friend who works in the motor trade, £12.36 for the belt, £30 fitting :D

All sorted now, going in tomorrow, went too see a friend who works in the motor trade, £12.36 for the belt, £30 fitting :D

£30 to have a timing belt fitted!!1 :o whats ur friends number?? :blink:

I always like to pay the "extra" for a Genuine Timing Belt - had quite a few problems in the past with cheap belts - peace of mind at the end of the day if I'm working on my own cars or friends cars.

:thumbsup:

^^what mick said^^

the oem belt is a gates/goodyear belt, if you can get one which doesn't say toyota on it then it'll be a lot cheaper