Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Lock Actuator Pictures?

Akshay

Hi, I finally bought the part to fix my central locking problems (drivers door not locking), but on opening up the door I've found they've supplied me with the wrong part!!! Their technician said I had a double-lock fitted but I'm not so sure because the actuator they supplied me with looks completely different to that already fitted in the door!! I will argue my case tomorrow morning to get the right part ordered and not incur any return charges!!! :angry::angry:

In the meantime, does anyone have picture of what their driver's door actuator looks like please or at least have links to picture of the door taken apart so I can see if it looks like mine?? :(

If it helps I'll try and post up pictures of what the part I bought looks like.

This is the part they supplied me with, it looks completely different to mine, as my actuator has a socket for a plug to go into rather than this part which has the plug attached! :blink:

Lock2.jpg

Lock1.jpg

Hi Chris, yes that part has a socket on the end of a cable but my OEM one has a socket built into the body and is a completely different shape to that one. I just need to be 100% sure that this new part is wrong for my car so I have something to argue with Toyota!

I've had another look at my car and it looks like the actuator is attached to the door lock somehow! I just just that doesn't mean I have to buy a whole door lock!!! :angry:

Can you just take your car to toyota with the interior panel off so they can see its wrong!

Does the part in your car have a part number on it anywhere!

You dont get on here much then!17 posts in 4 years! :D

CB :thumbsup:

Hi Chis yeah gonna have to take it to the dealer with the panel off to prove its wrong!! I won't get the part number off mine unless I take it apart.

This is my wife's car which is why I haven't posted much on here B) and I drive a german car. :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links