Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Intervals

nam

Hi All,

Just recieved a letter from the local stealers that my service is due. The 53 plate T-Sport had its 10K service last year in March. I thought the next service should be at 20K ?

Any ideas ?

It's every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first - so if it was last March, you would need another this March, so a reminder about now makes sense! :thumbsup:

It's every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first - so if it was last March, you would need another this March, so a reminder about now makes sense! :thumbsup:

Cheers :) . Just phoned them up and they want £260 ( Is that right) as it supposed to be a full service this time rather than intermediate. I am confused i thought full service was at 20,000 miles ? :(

I am confused i thought full service was at 20,000 miles ? :(

20k is the average millage over 2 years, if you do under, you still need to have the service at 2 years old as it goes by length of time, if u do over, then u need to have it at 20k miles so keep a check on components

i had my done at 20,000 and it cost me £280, but i had to change the air con.

it sez 20,000 mile full service cost 81.60 without vat, but u need to get oil filter, brake and engine fluid done and any other things that need fixing as well. just ask them what they are doing to ur car for that amount b4 u let them do it. u can always ring around to c if dat the norm in ur area

Just had my 20,000 service done yesterday in Sheffield. They'd quoted £185 for it. On picking it up they went through the bill. It totted up to a bit more than 185 so they'd added a discount to bring it back down to the price they'd quoted. I don't know whether £185 is cheap or extortionate but I was just glad that at the end of the day I was asked to pay what I'd been quoted (something that didn't happen at the 10,000 service).

Later,

M

Thanks for the all the info. Had the Full Servce today for 212-80 (Managed to talk dealer down as other local service centers were quoting less). Anyhow amost one and a half hrs later on the service assistant said my brake discs were corroded and said it would be £278 to replace. I immediately told him the car is still under warranty and he went Red faced :) , So after another hour the car's 2 front discs have also been changed.

:censor:

Shame you haven't signed up to gold, could have saved yourself a few quid & got the benefits of being gold as well. You'll need to get a paid membership if you want to sell your car on here too. Getting the breaks done free was good though.

Thanks for the all the info. Had the Full Servce today for 212-80 (Managed to talk dealer down as other local service centers were quoting less). Anyhow amost one and a half hrs later on the service assistant said my brake discs were corroded and said it would be £278 to replace. I immediately told him the car is still under warranty and he went Red faced :) , So after another hour the car's 2 front discs have also been changed.

Oh I do like that. Nice one! :thumbsup:

Anyhow amost one and a half hrs later on the service assistant said my brake discs were corroded and said it would be £278 to replace. I immediately told him the car is still under warranty and he went Red faced :) , So after another hour the car's 2 front discs have also been changed.

I had a situation like that to - I can't remember what it was for but they said something needed replacing and would cost X hundred pounds!

I told them it was still under warranty and after a bit of blushing and panicking around they got it sorted .... mind you I would never go back to the same dealership again as I've found a nicer bunch of Mr T!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links