Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris Availability

devon_guy

I ordered one of the new Yaris back in January to be told it would be ready by March. I have thus far heard nothing and they keep fobbing me off so I phoned up another dealership to find out availability and the model I want won't be ready until at least May!! I am well p***ed off to say the least.

toyota should ensure they have stock, they know the success of the yaris

i saw the 1st one driving round yesterday

Thats life I'm afraid - order a brand new car when its a brand new model and you've got to expect a longer than normal wait....

Your dealer should've kept you more informed though! Thats not on at all! :unsure:

The model you ordered should have been ordered straight away and possibly one allocated to you already.

So when you rang up that other dealership they would only be able to get an ETA date on that car, as if they were ordering it today, if you get me?

Well I finally managed to get hold of my dealership and they have a "provisional" delievery of 31st March so it wont be ready till the first week of April at the earliest after its been prepared PDI'd etc. the provisional date could be put back too, wouldn't surprise me, I'm losing all confidence in Toyota minute by minute I'm afraid.

it takes time to build new cars, you have to remember that! Its been ordered, now its in high demand so it will have to be made!

Ive seen worse mistakes made by the toyota dealership i used to work for!

I had the same thing with Lexus dealer - wait for the best bit - when the new car did finally arrive they wanted to re value my part x as it was older and had more miles . . course it did you have kept me waiting for the new car ! !

Not much you can do I'm afraid but maybe haggle in a service or some freebies for the inconvenience. Don't try to get more off the car - they have far more flexibility on things like workshop services and accessories.

Apparently its my fault coz I want a diesel MMT thats whats holding it up as its the last car to be produced.

The rareity of the model doesnt help - diesel's are rare enough generally, add the even rarer MMT to that equation and yeah, can fully understand why its taking them so long!

Like SMW says, make sure you haggle loads of freebies for your inconvenience! :thumbsup:

I want a diesel MMT thats whats holding it up as its the last car to be produced.

MMT.......................well worth the wait :thumbsup:

Ive seen worse mistakes made by the toyota dealership i used to work for!

would you care to elaborate please...examples would be great

We had a guy drive off in a 1.4 when he bought a 1.6! :lol:

And i when the colour collection came out, the valeters valeted the wrong car, they did a T3 instead! :lol:

So just be glad you dont have Ron brooks!!

We had a guy drive off in a 1.4 when he bought a 1.6! :lol:

And i when the colour collection came out, the valeters valeted the wrong car, they did a T3 instead! :lol:

the wrong engine one is great!

can just imagine, sir could you please drive back to the dealer so we can do an extra free check for you. keeping the customer busy while the staff move everything from the 1.4 to the 1.6 behind him. :lol:

yeah i know! The colour collection one was funny, i went outside and i spotted the reg number n i thought "eh? hang on thats supposed to be a colour collection?" and boom the crap hit the fan!!

Ive also seen the group sales manager sell a car that has a mileage annomoly(sp)!! :huh::lol: Luckily that came back as a part chop!! :lol:

yaris is selling like crazy. When I saw our initial stock list I thought they were crazy to stock them so high, and now we are down in single digits in stock total for >50 dealers :-).

So just be glad you dont have Ron brooks!!

Funny.

We haven't had any problems since you left :lol:

:huh: hmmm thats because i showed sue how to work it properlY! Fool!! It wasnt my mistakes it was hers!

At least they valeted the wrong car! When I picked my Celica up, they claimed to have valeted it, but the rear carpet mats had muddy footprints on them and the parcel shelf had all sorts of cr*p over it.

Not best pleased! :(

Im not surprised you havn't received your car yet, I've only seen one on the road... that means one of two things... your problem, which is that they aren't supplying them properly. Or number two (my favourite) the new is sh*te and nobody's buying them.

I sat in one the other day and everything feels cheaper... the dials are wrong, the doors are flimsy, the speedo doesn't face the driver anymore.... it's heavier, slower, thirstier and sooooo expensive that I actually gawped when I saw the price list. Crap. They peaked with the phase one.

Im not surprised you havn't received your car yet, I've only seen one on the road... that means one of two things... your problem, which is that they aren't supplying them properly. Or number two (my favourite) the new is sh*te and nobody's buying them.

I sat in one the other day and everything feels cheaper... the dials are wrong, the doors are flimsy, the speedo doesn't face the driver anymore.... it's heavier, slower, thirstier and sooooo expensive that I actually gawped when I saw the price list. Crap. They peaked with the phase one.

As above I have only seen the one ..... plus when you look at the competition out there, the new punto looks miles better and I hear that peguot are realease a 200BHP (Or around) hot hatch 207 thing?

Plus the competitions alot cheaper, and are the new one's being built in france?

I quite like the suzki swift

And I still haven't seen one!

Don't worry, they look rubbish anyway! :ph34r: :P

I've seen one now.

I know what you mean. :o