•  

Photo

Prius Bluetooth Doesn't Work - Anyone Elses Not Work?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Merry

Merry

• Registered Member
  • 1 posts
  • Toyota Model: PRIUS T SPIRIT

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:17 PM

My Nokia 6230 does not work on my T Spirit. The signal bars are non existent and I have been told that only Motorola phones work.
Does anyone else have this problem?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 priusy

priusy

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Toyota Model: prius

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

My Nokia 6230 does not work on my T Spirit. The signal bars are non existent and I have been told that only Motorola phones work.
Does anyone else have this problem?

I have a SonyErricson P910 and it works. Not signal bars though. My wifes Motorola V500 works with the signal bars. Tried the SonyE P800 and it does not work in the prius. I think it depends on the bluetooth version. When it does work, it is brilliant.

Good luck with finding another phone that does work. Try Ebay. :thumbsup:

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Top Rank Poster!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • First Name:Paul
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: GT86
  • Year: 2012

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:38 AM

I'm afraid the Bluetooth standard isn't a very good one and there are incompatibilities between all kinds of Bluetooth devices not just the Prius and phones.

Paul.

#4 chinni

chinni

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Toyota Model: toyota prius

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:20 AM

I have Sony Ericson with 3G connection. And i have never faced problem except in areas where the 3G signal is weak.

My wifes is Motorola V3 with 02 Connection and that also no problem at all.

#5 bobm

bobm

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Prius T Spirit 2010 Gen 3..with Led lights and protection pack

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:47 PM

I have the 6230 which does work with the T Spirit, there are issues with the transfer of numbers which can only be transferred one by one, on the 2005 model Prius the voice activation doesn't work either. When you have registered your phone with the vehicle a small car is shown on the 6230 which basically ack the log on.

I have seen instructions for this phone model on the newsgroup previously no doubt someone can give you the link.

#6 Trafficman

Trafficman

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Toyota Model: Prius T Spirit 3rd Gen Novus Grey

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

Both my Nokias work and my wife's motorola 525, but the system is rubbish. What Nanny in the DfT and Toyota worked our that the only way you can dial on the move is via the phone! Also hate the fact that when making a call the Bluetooth does not connect until the other party answes... thus no ring...... pathetic, also the maual was translated at the local sushi parlour

#7 Trafficman

Trafficman

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 08:24 PM

Both my Nokias work and my wife's motorola 525, but the system is rubbish. What Nanny in the DfT and Toyota worked our that the only way you can dial on the move is via the phone! Also hate the fact that when making a call the Bluetooth does not connect until the other party answes... thus no ring...... pathetic, also the maual was translated at the local sushi parlour

#8 priusy

priusy

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Toyota Model: prius

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

The reason you cannot dial whist moving is for safety reasons. On my Sony E P910, the phone does ring when I dial out so it must be dependant on the make and model of the phone. Probably something to do with the bluetooth protocols. As for the manual, you should try the german's manual in the mercedes. Its just as bad.

#9 KMO

KMO

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Toyota Model: Prius

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:22 PM

You can dial up to 17 numbers that have been registered as "one-touch" when moving.

My Motorola L6 works pretty well. Rings on incoming and outgoing calls over the speakers, signal bars work. Sound quality reasonable, autoconnection reliable. Only problem is that phone number transfer is one-at-a-time.

#10 Trafficman

Trafficman

Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:55 AM

Will try the 17 one touch dial keys! the point I was making was that I appreciate that Nanny wants to look after my safety as I seem not be be able to, but that removing the voice dial and directory when the vehicle is moving forces me to use the phone to dial!!!! Much less safe!

As for the lack of ring tone, both my phones ring on the Nokia bluetooth kit in my Avensis, so it must be a bluetooth incompatibility.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users