Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Bluetooth Doesn't Work - Anyone Elses Not Work?

Merry

My Nokia 6230 does not work on my T Spirit. The signal bars are non existent and I have been told that only Motorola phones work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My Nokia 6230 does not work on my T Spirit. The signal bars are non existent and I have been told that only Motorola phones work.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I have a SonyErricson P910 and it works. Not signal bars though. My wifes Motorola V500 works with the signal bars. Tried the SonyE P800 and it does not work in the prius. I think it depends on the bluetooth version. When it does work, it is brilliant.

Good luck with finding another phone that does work. Try eBay. :thumbsup:

I'm afraid the bluetooth standard isn't a very good one and there are incompatibilities between all kinds of bluetooth devices not just the Prius and phones.

Paul.

I have Sony Ericson with 3G connection. And i have never faced problem except in areas where the 3G signal is weak.

My wifes is Motorola V3 with 02 Connection and that also no problem at all.

I have the 6230 which does work with the T Spirit, there are issues with the transfer of numbers which can only be transferred one by one, on the 2005 model Prius the voice activation doesn't work either. When you have registered your phone with the vehicle a small car is shown on the 6230 which basically ack the log on.

I have seen instructions for this phone model on the newsgroup previously no doubt someone can give you the link.

Both my Nokias work and my wife's motorola 525, but the system is rubbish. What Nanny in the DfT and Toyota worked our that the only way you can dial on the move is via the phone! Also hate the fact that when making a call the bluetooth does not connect until the other party answes... thus no ring...... pathetic, also the maual was translated at the local sushi parlour

Both my Nokias work and my wife's motorola 525, but the system is rubbish. What Nanny in the DfT and Toyota worked our that the only way you can dial on the move is via the phone! Also hate the fact that when making a call the bluetooth does not connect until the other party answes... thus no ring...... pathetic, also the maual was translated at the local sushi parlour

Both my Nokias work and my wife's motorola 525, but the system is rubbish. What Nanny in the DfT and Toyota worked our that the only way you can dial on the move is via the phone! Also hate the fact that when making a call the Bluetooth does not connect until the other party answes... thus no ring...... pathetic, also the maual was translated at the local sushi parlour

The reason you cannot dial whist moving is for safety reasons. On my Sony E P910, the phone does ring when I dial out so it must be dependant on the make and model of the phone. Probably something to do with the bluetooth protocols. As for the manual, you should try the german's manual in the mercedes. Its just as bad.

You can dial up to 17 numbers that have been registered as "one-touch" when moving.

My Motorola L6 works pretty well. Rings on incoming and outgoing calls over the Speakers, signal bars work. Sound quality reasonable, autoconnection reliable. Only problem is that phone number transfer is one-at-a-time.

Will try the 17 one touch dial keys! the point I was making was that I appreciate that Nanny wants to look after my safety as I seem not be be able to, but that removing the voice dial and directory when the vehicle is moving forces me to use the phone to dial!!!! Much less safe!

As for the lack of ring tone, both my phones ring on the Nokia bluetooth kit in my Avensis, so it must be a bluetooth incompatibility.

• 2 months later...

I've got a Nokia 6630 on the 3 network. The phone paired up OK with the bluetooth and got connected but when I tried to transfer the phone book from the phone to the car, it disconnected itself every time. It also would not let me store the numbers one by one manually or to set up the one-touch dialling. Could it be any settings on my phone rather than the car?

When tell the Prius you want to transfer numbers, it does disconnect the headset function. This is normal - it's now listening for data objects. You should then tell your phone to transmit the address book.

The one-touch dialling can only be set up once you've got some numbers in the address book - you can choose which ones appear on the one-touch screens.

Thanks KMO. But when I try to get my phone to transfer the phone book to the car, the phone then starts searching for the bluetooth device again and says that it cannot find it - it obviously can't because it got disconnected for the phone book transfer. I wonder if my Nokia 6630 is not compatible with this bluetooth interface.

However, I did manage to set up the one-touch dialling by manually dialling a few numbers and quickly hang up immediately so that these numbers appear on the dialled numbers log from which the one-touch dialling can be set up.

It may have lost its "headset" connection, but if you go to your phone book, then you should be able to tell it to send a number, and it will create a new "data" connection.

You can find some detailed instructions here:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

There are instructions for the Nokia 6620 there, which is probably close enough. It looks a bit more involved than my Motorola - apparently you have to manually disconnect the handsfree function on the phone first. But then, as I said, you just go to the phone book and tell it to send a number. You have to do it one at a time, alas.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Just got a new Motorola KRZR K1 last week and it works wonderfully without any problem.

only problem was i think i need to change settings in the phone.

Because when a call comes, it automatically starts taking the call whether i decide to take it or not.

Apart from that, no problems at all

It may have lost its "headset" connection, but if you go to your phone book, then you should be able to tell it to send a number, and it will create a new "data" connection.

You can find some detailed instructions here:

http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

There are instructions for the Nokia 6620 there, which is probably close enough. It looks a bit more involved than my Motorola - apparently you have to manually disconnect the handsfree function on the phone first. But then, as I said, you just go to the phone book and tell it to send a number. You have to do it one at a time, alas.

• 1 month later...

My Nokia 6310i works perfectly; so what if I can only transfer one number at a time from/to the phone book; the whole blue-tooth/phone sytem is excellent. :D

• 2 months later...

:D Hi i have just bought sony ericson z710i bluetooth is excellent transfer all phone book in one every thing

works speed dial very pleased with the whole system at last

I have the Sony Erricson W810i and it works fine. All the numbers transfer in one go not had a connection issue in 6 months. I can also see the power and signal bars OK