Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Typhoon

R6TH M

I know this has probably been asked before, i done a search and returned an error or somethin silly.

Has anyone got one of these filters on their t sport? If so whats your opinions on it, any increased performance at all? Is it worth the extra money?

Originally wanted an apexi but i heard theyve gone bust! Dont know what other filter id go for :crybaby:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cmarshall

• R6TH M

• seveer unaek

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The performance is very slighly better *just* than an apexi (IMO), you see the k&n gets relocated down at the bottom so theres cold air it has a stainless steel pipe attached to it.

There about £180.

Cmarshall has one on his car :P , and lee had one.

cheers anyone else??

and what do they sound like, had a k&n 57i on my clio 1.2 and it was about as good as u could get for a 1.2

oh and are they a dry or wet filter?

Apexi gone bust?? I do doubt that somehow but anyway! Yeh I've heard good things about the typhoon, but there are plenty of other makes out and about, best to shop around a bit first

How about the Envy Filter? its on a long pipe to relocate it like the K&N, its got a jap DRY filter on the end, is £140 and looks BLING! (i will not be held reponsible for use of that word) Check the Envy section for piccys of the beast!

whol told you apexi have gone bust! :lol: go and give them a slap regardless!

the KN is a wet type filter, and potentially the oil can spatter on the MAP sensor and bugger it up

get the Apexi or the ENVY one

I got the k&n, feels a lot better to the apexi imo. Didnt know it was an oil filter, how often and how do i clean the thing, and wheres a good place to get the oil? D'oh :lol:

Strange... my fuel economy seems better than ever, did 100 miles on 1 bar of fuel (the second bar from the bottom), im not complaining :D

For perforamnce what is the best thing to do to a T-sport? Just sold a 172Cup and have bought my second Yaris. Lookin to get some go faster bits, and the Typhoon looks well smart. :)

heres a good list the only things you can get it is

*decat system frome nvy

*manifold from envy

*k*n typhoon

*perrrin crank pulley

*back seats out

then it wont be far off your clio 172, but not as fast

The clio was a very quick car, it done a 1/4 in 14.79secs. It was very unreliable tho. My last Yaris was bomb proof, so hopefully this one will be no different :)

AFAIK, every K&N is a wet type filter and when I had my Pipercross is buggered up my MAF sensor! :(

I'd still go for the A'PEXi, you'll probably still be able to get one! :thumbsup:

Looked at my typhoon it is a dry type filter and is much better than the apexi :thumbsup:

Looked at my typhoon it is a dry type filter and is much better than the apexi :thumbsup:

How do you know it's a dry-type??

Especially when all K&N filters are 'washable, re-usable filters requiring maintenance every 10,000 miles'

You have a drycharger with it which repells water, but the main 'cone' needs a clean every 10,000 miles and a re-oil.

Comes rom K&N themselves!

and is much better than the apexi :thumbsup:

What is that opinion based on? ;)

Better quality, much better fitment, better throttle response and performance, I have owned both and would never go back to the apexi

much better fitment

Did you fit the A'PEXi correctly with both brackets? My brothers seems fine! :unsure:

Better quality, that would be a matter of opinion! :thumbsup:

Yes i did, the plastic part that the induction kit fits on to is a lot stronger on the p2's as my mates didnt move as much, as an engineer i would say the quality is better without a doubt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links