Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhausts

mark999

Hi,

just been quoted £197 by MCC for replacement of the back and middle sections of my (00) 1.0GS.

As I know a friendly mechanic who will fit an exhaust for me. Does anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price? Would it be worth fitting a stainless system.

Thanks,

Mark

If your planning on keeping the car for a few years get a stainless system, and also whether your going to be modifying it.

If not get an aftermarket exhaust from your local exhaust wholesaler, look in the yellow pages and you should find someone who would do a nice cheap exhaust.

Plus if you've got a set of axle stands, a jack, and a few spanners and sockets lying about, it might be worth giving it a try yourself.

...Would it be worth fitting a stainless system.

Many months ago, I had my 2001 Yaris GS raised on a lift at a Kwik-Fit for a pre-MOT checkup on my brakes. While having a good look around of the underside for the first time, I had a chat with the technician, who was standing beside me. I asked him when I might need a new exhaust since I had had it for 4½ years from new and yet the whole system looked without a blemish, in fact, almost new. He turned, looked to me surprised, knocked the pipe a few times with the knuckle, and said, "This IS stainless steel."

Now, I'm confused. Was he right?

--

Bee.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links