Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 1.8l Yaris At 06 Geneva Autoshow...?

unclejemima

Sorry if this is a re-post,

Anybody heard any specs of the rumored 1.8L Yaris to be displayed at the 06 Geneva Auto show?

I found this off a car news website...

"Just a few weeks after the European launch of the new Toyota Yaris range, Toyota will unveil a high performance concept of its best selling model at the Geneva motor show.

The T Sport is powered by a 1.8-litre engine, the biggest ever to be installed on this model. New bumpers, radiator grille, alloy wheels and modified suspension convey a more aggressive look, adding to the essence of this sports concept."

Thanks!

-mark

there's been a few rumours.

I highly doubt that Toyota will make a 1.8ltr yaris, as they are trying to cut down on emissions, so they are making a lot of lower powered cars and they've even got the hybrid engines.

we don't know if we are even getting a yaris t-sport never mind a 1.8ltr yaris

Well, i've seen pics of a 02 yaris with a VVTL-i 1.8 w/180bhp and 6spd from the celica, now that would be a fast car. 2000lbs and 180hp, man, i sure hope its more than a concept!

We will find out in at the autoshow, i believe its some time in March!

-mark

Well, i've seen pics of a 02 yaris with a VVTL-i 1.8 w/180bhp and 6spd from the celica, now that would be a fast car. 2000lbs and 180hp, man, i sure hope its more than a concept!

-mark

it was also a semi-fake, the engine was in but never connected up, you cant properly put the celica 1.8 in as the steering column will interfer with the exhaust manifold, however thats only on an RHD car... so LHD... nobody knows

also some people on here emailed said company that did it and they fobbed us off with 'itll cost 100,000 pounds to do'

basically they were idiots

and there will never be a 1.8 +200bhp out the factory yaris, its a small hatch designed for shopping, the TS is just to give it a 'top-of-the-range' model where they had to drop a pokey engine into it

no disrespect (ive got one) but although they have the potential, it was never Toyota hindsight

-mark

it was also a semi-fake, the engine was in but never connected up, you cant properly put the celica 1.8 in as the steering column will interfer with the exhaust manifold, however thats only on an RHD car... so LHD... nobody knows

also some people on here emailed said company that did it and they fobbed us off with 'itll cost 100,000 pounds to do'

basically they were idiots

and there will never be a 1.8 +200bhp out the factory yaris, its a small hatch designed for shopping, the TS is just to give it a 'top-of-the-range' model where they had to drop a pokey engine into it

no disrespect (ive got one) but although they have the potential, it was never Toyota hindsight

it was not semi fake.

this yaris was prepared from Activa with the aid of TRD and TTE.

This car moved to Europe and now it is in Japan.

It is a LHD.

It requires some modification in the chassis to add that engine on.

Alternative engines you can use-

starlet turbo,

trueno,

of course all these projects are a dream for UK people since labour costs are redicusly high.

:)

I highly doubt that Toyota will make a 1.8ltr yaris, as they are trying to cut down on emissions, so they are making a lot of lower powered cars and they've even got the hybrid engines.

it is an official press release from Toyota about Geneva show :-).

I was told 2 months ago from high up that there will be an 2zz ge Yaris TS in 2007. This just confirmed it.

it is an official press release from Toyota about Geneva show :-).

I was told 2 months ago from high up that there will be an 2zz ge Yaris TS in 2007. This just confirmed it.

sweeeeet

and taking in account the better handling of the newer model plus the fact that this engine is highly tuneable (compressor) i am starting saving money for my next vehicle.... :)