Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Better Brakes For St185 Gt4

crashbang

Proud owner of a inport 1990 GT4,running 17 inch rims,full Tien suspension.But what I need now is some better brakes,what is the mounting centres of a ST205 front caliper,is any brakes from another model that will inprove my stopping. CHEERS

If i was you i would go for a brake upgrade kit from someone like HI-Spec :thumbsup:

and pray they fit....lol

no, hi-spec did do a kit for the 185 but expect to Shell out about 1200 quid.

the rears are a straight fit but the fronts need a special bracket and different disc's, i'm just waiting on a person making up brackets then i'll get my discs and let everyone know how i get on :)

Hey thee looking good mate!All work fine!

I wouldnt like to play around with new brakes myself but fairplay, looks like it was fun!

CB :thumbsup:

Hey thee looking good mate!All work fine!

I wouldnt like to play around with new brakes myself but fairplay, looks like it was fun!

CB :thumbsup:

yes they work fine

just after fitting them i wanted to get them checked so i took it to my mates garage that has a brake tester & checked then they was pulling up good & nice and even

you are right if you are unsure what you are doing better to leave it alone or get a motor mechanic to do it

The two main parts to braking are

tyres

pads

Get those two uprated and it'll be a great start. The rest is designed to stop fade (bigger disks, braided lines, better fluid, bigger calipers, more pistons, lighter materials). If you have the ability to lock a wheel, you have enough brakes :D

would it not have been easier to use the hub from the st205 aswell as the disks and calipers??

i changed the disks and hubs on my gti for a later versions that had bigger brakes and all i changed was the mounting bracket on the back. brakes worked great first time.

excellent what uve done though. get that write up finished boy, so i can get the same done to mine! ;)

tony.

that wouldn't work as the ST205 uses super strut suspension and the ST185 uses the good old trust McPherson strut

would it not have been easier to use the hub from the st205 aswell as the disks and calipers??

i changed the disks and hubs on my gti for a later versions that had bigger brakes and all i changed was the mounting bracket on the back. brakes worked great first time.

excellent what uve done though. get that write up finished boy, so i can get the same done to mine! ;)

tony.

yeah ive been a bit lazy with the write up been a bit busy but i will get it done this week i hope

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links