Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basic Wage

GT4 BOOSTER

as per topic - i called a place today hoping to change jobs until i was told £5-05 an hour :eek:

the guy had the neck when i asked what the salary was to say "does it matter " i'm like thinking YEAH do you go to work for fun PAL ?

looks like i'm staying put with my 4x12 hour shifts and 4 days off .

mimimum wage is pants

as per topic - i called a place today hoping to change jobs until i was told £5-05 an hour :eek:

the guy had the neck when i asked what the salary was to say "does it matter " i'm like thinking YEAH do you go to work for fun PAL ?

looks like i'm staying put with my 4x12 hour shifts and 4 days off .

mimimum wage is pants

I live in an area where the main source of income is mainly agriculture and seasonal holiday trade. Where emploiters (New word:- employers/exploiters :lol:) generally tend to pay minimum wage. Whatever that is nowadays. But i should think a lot of people around here are on £200 a week or less. Not good.

I consider myself very lucky that i`ve got a good job with reasonable wages and hours. :yes:

I don`t know where the government get the average wage sums from, Unless it`s what mp`s & the cabinet gets :rolleyes:

Currently the National Minimum Wages are as follows:

16-17 year olds = £3.00 per hour (To be reviewed in Feb 06)

18-21 year olds = £4.25 per hour (Increasing to £4.45 from 1st October 06)

Over 21's = £5.05 per hour (increasing to £5.35 from 1st October 06)

:thumbsup:

yes and it equates to whats on my toilet paper after a dump

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gareth B @ Feb 17 2006, 07:41 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Currently the National Minimum Wages are as follows:

16-17 year olds = £3.00 per hour (To be reviewed in Feb 06)

18-21 year olds = £4.25 per hour (Increasing to £4.45 from 1st October 06)

Over 21's = £5.05 per hour (increasing to £5.35 from 1st October 06)

:thumbsup:

What use is that???? How do they expect people to run nice cars on that sort of pittance :ffs:

GT4 BOOSTER

Information overload...... :lol:

Thats some expensive toilet paper!

I have no idea how they come to these figures but surely it's better than prior to a minimum wage was introduced.

take into account , mortgage - kids, car , poll tax , gas,electric.food.fuel costs , nhs prescriptions, dental care , optitions - i'm gonna moan on

And you guys moan about your minimum wages...

18 quid a day, about 9 hours a day, 7 days a week...

Luxury. When i were a lad there were 18 of us living in a shoe box on the M1. Father used to work 23 hours a day for 26p a week............

take into account , mortgage - kids, car , poll tax , gas,electric.food.fuel costs , nhs prescriptions, dental care , optitions - i'm gonna moan on

Kids = Free NHS & Prescription unless out of education...?

Most jobs around my area are £5ph+.. Only decent paying jobs are trade jobs...

change the mortgage to rent for me, minus the kids and voila thats me. so yeh, i'd say i'm not getting all that much in the end of the day

:blink: of course Salary matters! Why on earth would you say something like that? Oh unless he thinks that as long as it's a job & you are employed you are lucky!

:ffs:

go to college, get some papers under your belt, then you wont have to worry about minimum wage :yes:

go to college, get some papers under your belt, then you wont have to worry about minimum wage :yes:

You just have to worry about the mountain of debt that will overshadow at least the first 5 years of your professional life!

Then again I'm hoping to go back to Uni in Sept. so it can't be all that bad :D

£8.00 an hour and a tranny van to comute 60 miles a day which saves loads of cash, not to mention, lowers my insurance a bit :) not happy with hourly wage though........... not with the qualifications i've got.........

Minimum wage should be abolished. It's what is keeping "illegals" working .. the fact employers need to pay legals £5 to do work that an illegal will do for half that.