Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Light Cover

jrampton

fitted a brake light cover today, not sure if i like it or not tho, should have had it further up.DSCN1306.jpg

Get a bit of black tape on the top of it... even better, take it back off.. looks tacky imo.

Not the worst i seen but need antiglare tape across it and black sticky across top as cfc suggested! Could really do with a cold cathode glowing through for nice even glow but not sure on legalities or if its worth the bother! May look bit chavvy/tacky! Each to their own though and if you like it thats all that matters! Tbh thats the kind of mod i will like one day and hate the next (like interior neons)

Hehe I have one too. Loads of people love it! It is quite funny :thumbsup:

But no offense that was terrible fitting! You cant see any red light through mine apart frm the Y, A, R, I and u got it the S. So looks really cool.

It appears it really is one of those mods you either hate or love! But for £4 you cant complain! Only 1 person I know has hated it, and well she hates everything I have done to my car :S Oh and she has a blue yaris like mine too.

Woody27 you have gota love interior neons!

20-08-05_2345.jpg

Need 2 get a better quality pic, oh and my old funky HU.

Lol like i said some nights that would be funky and others it wouldnt :P I was considering red for my red yaris (when i gets it) but im unsure. I always think blue or green give best glow but dont really want them! That low on list of mods anyway but i suppose its a big effect for cheap money. Rather do other stuff first though tbh! May come to you for help if i do fit them!!

But no offense that was terrible fitting! You cant see any red light through mine apart frm the Y, A, R, I and u got it the S. So looks really cool.

I think yours is a 1-off, there are quite a few people on here with that (including myself) & every1 I'd heard of until you said that had shown some light around the edge.

I liked it when I got it but I'm not sure if I do anymore but until I can make my mind up it's staying put.

Yeah it cost me about £30 for all of them and fuse, wiring, etc. (Basically 12" in the four footwells, two 12" on bottom of stealth shelf bt need 2 replace them as I think the Type-R sub killed one of them :lol:, have 2x4" in cubby holes and then 3 leds in a block in each air vent (the outer are a pain 2 get too! last time i knew i was the only one with them :thumbsup: )

Need 2 sort out my false floor as well, have two acrylic windows over my amps, which have blue LCD screens so get some blue light from that but need to put neons in the false floor so will look cool when done.

Well blue for me is best due to it being a blue car with blue stitching on the seats as well.

But red and green also look very cool depending on colour of car and instruments inside.

To be honest i am perfectionist and spent about 15-20mins trimming the black vinyl stuff, if u look close up then i guess u can see like 1-2mm of light at the top.....bt frm distance and when behind car in another car you cant see that.....its only wen ur close up and looking str8 up at it.

A corsa sporting a Yaris brake light cover? How bizarre.... :D

I had one of them jobbies off eBay. Took it off in the end, and was gonna get another made up with the "No Fear" symbol (inc. the eyes), but not got round to it...

I fitted one of those on Saturday and it looks exactly like yours.

I ended up mailing the seller with some suggestions for it, like:

Making it out of matt plastic instead of shiny

Making it out of a big transparent piece, with the black printed on (so you don't get little fiddly bits of cut out letters to sort out).

And I found it seemed to be a bit big when I fitted it but then ended up with the strip at the top :(

I'm tempted to remove it and make my own..

Sounds like i was lucky! I may have 2 get a picture 2 show how mine looks, bt only havin a rubbish camera on my fone dont help! Will borrow parents wen im nxt home and if i remember.

Bt is quite a cool mod imo for the money. To be honest as u say would look better if it was matt rather than shiny bt u dnt really notice it tbh, well i dnt and had it fiitted now for abt 8mnths. Bt since it is at the back ur not gona see it often!

looks cool jen!!! followed a corsa the other day that had one, i was quite impressed :) i think seveer has one too

Yeah, iv got one... i had the same gap problem... balck gaffer tape on the edges sorts it out!

Looks the dags in my opinion!

looks cool jen!!! followed a corsa the other day that had one, i was quite impressed :) i think seveer has one too

Yeah, iv got one... i had the same gap problem... balck gaffer tape on the edges sorts it out!

Looks the dags in my opinion!

I have some black electrical tape somewhere might give that a try.

Hmm, I can't quite decide if I like these or not actually, it's a shame the fitment doesn't appear to be that great on the stickers aswell :unsure:

Hmm, I can't quite decide if I like these or not actually, it's a shame the fitment doesn't appear to be that great on the stickers aswell :unsure:

The fitment would have been ok had i not lined up the top edge with the same moulding shape on the light had i used the bottom to line it up it would have fitted better. :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

heres the link to it too.