Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mcsky's Yaris And Mods Done

mcsky

hi all, new on here, basically i bought the car as standard off my sister lolz and that was a bit under a year ago, since then, this is what i have done, feel free to give comments, bad or good, all welcome.

Yaris.jpg

SUC31135.jpg

SUC31141.jpg

SUC31112.jpg

• Wolfrace Street Octane alloys

• Pi lowering springs

• Cobra twin exhaust

• Tinted windows

• Universal air filter

• Powertec cold air feeds

• OMP adjustable strut brace

• RS grill

• C-One Carbon Bonnet

• Rear lexus lights

• Side graphics / vinyl’s

• Glossy black TRD Light Brows

• blue main beam bulbs

• Razo gear knob

• Sony CDX M8800 CD/MP3 player

• Interior neons

• Short silver antenna

• RS front Bumper and skirts, rear

• Fli Subwoofer

• UV interior neons

M6 Carbon Mirrors

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcsky

• earpl

• RossP

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice mate. just woindering if you have had any trouble with the air filter where it as its open to the elements cos of the vent in the bonnet

Nice but yeah, as kerby said, when it rains.... doesnt your air filter suck in loads of water and kaboom? Also isn't that vent in the bonnet is more to let hot air out rather then get cold air in? Just a thought about location near there not being a huge advantage! I like the bodykit :D Where'd you get that from? (if you dont mind me asking!) O and imo those alloys could do with being a size up with lower profile tyres. (or atleast just lower profile tyres)

Nice to see something different! Keep it up and well done!

EDIT: O yeah and what size engine is it? (Im trying to guess by the lights (black?) and air filter placement but failing! :P)

hey, thanx for all your comments, yups, i like to be a bit different from everyone else and for this i have had bad views and good views but guess thats life. cant always be perfect init hehe.

the carbon bonnet was made in japan, it is a replica of the c-one bonnet, ordered it in Hong Kong, cost me $3500 HKD so in GBP's it would be around £260 so it was a bargain, but then sending it over cost me £250 so in total is £510 which still isnt that bad.

the bodykit i got from ultimate performance upauto.co.uk it was on sale! cant belive it, the front bumper cost £45 the rear cost £50 and the skirts cost £55, so it was £150 for a full kit.

the car is running fine, i know its bad for water to get into the filter, but been driving around for a while with the vent opened and in heavy rain or even when i wash my car, but all seems fine, but i think i will cover it up soon, it came with a cover shield for it that botls on so its not a problem.

and now, the ENGINE SIZE! guessed yet? if i told u i got 18.6secs in the 1/4mile considering i took my back seats out, and with no carbon bonnet, and running on a full tank of petrol, enough clues? hehe, i shall tell u in my next post

I really like that :thumbsup: :D I especially like the bonnet , only bits I aint keen on are the wheels ( a tad bigger ) Apart from that its a right head turner ! :drool:

hey, thanx, yeh i wanted bigger alloys, but just couldnt afford them at the time, so u have no trouble with urs bein 17's and lowered? like if u have a full car of ppl, will it scrape the arches?

i'm wanting 17's on mine, well i've lowered it by 40mm, will it be ok? cos i have passengers quite regularly

you didn't say......... lol i love it! appart from lexus lights, and cheepo trd eBay decals, and that the wheels are wolf race :P appart from that it rocks, and i can't believe i've not seen it in sheffield!!!!!

1.0????

• RS front Bumper and skirts, rear

you sure?

I like it.

Nice to see something different, and hasn't got daft spoilers or bumpers that stick out half a mile.

Good Job :thumbsup:

I've never been a fan of black alloys & I don't particularly like the black bodykit but apart from that it's very nice, good work :drool: Spent any cash on ICE?

bingo, 1.0li it is lolz, i'm currently saving up to purchase the bolt on Turbo that HKS do, raising it to roughly 104bhp isit? standard is 74 right.

yeh i regret some parts, now i look at my yaris compared to ppls on here, i miss my car looking smart and tidy. now mine looks more like a chav boy racer car, hmmmm, dunno if i'm gonna carry on modifying it, had plans for ice install, but thinkin is it really worth doin it up further, cos i wanna buy a new car, more powerful. decisions decisions

hey mate, the car looks good to me.. i was thinking of getting the same style carbon bonnet but i was worried abt the water and dirt going into the engine, so i sticked with the OEM version

keep it up!

Ray :)

p.s. my mate told me that he's seen a car like that in sheffield, so i guess thats u then!

hows it goin ray, ooh, ur friend seen me? hmmmm did he see it whilst goin clubbing? i have a feeling he saw my car when he went clubbing, this bonnet came with a vent cover that bolts on from underneath so then in summer u can take it off and let it breathe! hehe

hmmmm i'm from Rotherham originally but commute everyday to Sheffield, always around Meadowhall, London Road, Eccy Road and West street area.

and i cant believe i've not seen your yaris about! i hardly see any modded yaris's in sheffield. however by any chance were u near meadowhall going on junction 35 on the M1? i was heading home and saw a Yaris like yours from the backend but then i got caught up at the traffic lights and couldnt catch up! was so curious to see that yaris as its once in a blue moon i see other modded yaris's in sheff.

ur car is mint btw! lovin the vinyls on it, very smart and loving the alloys, i was wanting black multi spoke ones but then these only cost me £375 for 4 brand new 15" INCLUDING tyres and delivery. £375 all in, my car is basically made of bargin buys lolz

same with your matey, infact i wouldnt mind doing a big yaris gathering sometym, hmmmm problem is, the closer u get t my car, the more imperfections you see, got loadzo odd bits everywhere. eg screw coming out of base plate of my wing mirrors, some scrapes on th boy work etc etc. but yep,would be cool, lets do a massive yaris convoy haha, should be goin to max power in July, at Bham NEC, any1 off to there? hopefully will be on a stand with Octane Junkies, could TOC do a stand for Yaris's only at Max power u think? haha jus an idea

Have to say im not keen on the vinyls/TRD badges and rebadging is my ultimate pet hate! Also not too keen on the whole 2 tone scheme, although it is a little different. And doesn't the c-one bonnet normally just have one washer on it? As it was intended for Japanese spec cars? Overall im'm not keen on it, but it is different

hey, thanx, yeh i wanted bigger alloys, but just couldnt afford them at the time, so u have no trouble with urs bein 17's and lowered? like if u have a full car of ppl, will it scrape the arches?

i'm wanting 17's on mine, well i've lowered it by 40mm, will it be ok? cos i have passengers quite regularly

Well , I aint fitted the springs yet !!! LAZY ! LOL , but I can tell you it scrubs already with three peeps in the back (not lowered) . But that is three people !

Now I have had the 30mm springs on before , the car sits well and doesnt scrub at all , but if I have one or more in the back then speed humps are challenging ! I aint sure about 40mm but I think it will scrub quite a bit . ! Basically you will be fine unless you are carrying a heavy load ! i.e 2+ passengers !

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links