Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mcsky's Yaris And Mods Done

mcsky

you can get them but there are a lot of disadvantages, personally i think they look to big on a yaris, expensive tyres, slows you down and more risk of rubbing, personally i would go for a jap style 16" set, i know the tyres are again expensive but they look damn nice

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mcsky

• earpl

• RossP

• Woody27

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm might just stay with these 15's then,

yeh could do a local meet, but better in summer i guess, nicer weather is more ideal for a nice cruise and park up and chill,

hmmmm unsure about the bonnet, i ordered it in Hong Kong you see and they showed me the japanese catalogue with the C-One bonnet which is almost like that, they basically copy it. did a great job i think, better than i expected, the weaving is great.

lolz why not? hardly see many yaris's modified. but yeh, many ppl dont like max power much, i'm jus goin cos friend said he needs 40jap cars on his stand, happened to have a spae for me.

yeh, 15's will keep the all important 74bhp being used well lolz if i went higher then i'd be gutted on hills going up.

whats the 1/4mile time for a standard 1.5 T-sport and the 1.3? i did 18.6 in mine

mine's done the fastest recorded 1/4 at 15.7 secs (soon to be smashed!!) other than that it was a dead 16.000 by the legend who is knightrider who pulled the 15.7 in my car :)

haha aplogies, i shall rinse my mouth out 2nite lolz

yeh hmmmm i've only done the 1/4 mile twice, best i got is 18.6, i was racing against all the 1.6's etc, mine was the lowest spec car there, but u know it wasnt too bad, the yaris is very nippy, beat every1 off the mark, but at the dying stages, the other cars just overtook. i raced my friends civic v-tec 1.5li and i wasnt far off him, his best time was something like 17seconds.

i wanna get my best to around 17secs if possible. oh, i'm thinking of de-catting mine, whats the ups and downs? will the ECU etc go funny?

i think you'll struggle to get those times without turboing it matey, decat will bring on the engine warning light for the cat thats about it.

but by bringing on the engine light, will that effect the way it runs? i was hoping i could get to maybe the high 17second regions, maybe if i decat it, add some slick tyres on, run on low fuel, strip the inside out, have fresh oil, performance plugs and wires, think that will b enough to get those millisecs down?

i got 17.5 on my 1.3 SR with most of the interior out, so if u've done 18.6 with everything in, then it's pretty impressive.

my friend is called Marc and he has a Ford fiesta, he goes to clubbing all the time, so u might have meet him before when u r out.. he was telling me about seeing a pretty nice yaris up in sheffild, and i thought it looks like yours.

Ray :)

marc with a fiesta, hmmm unsure, will look out for him.

yups only 1 way to find out, when the trackdays season starts again, i will take my yaris out once again with those mods i listed to do and see if i can hit the 17 region.

the 18.6secs was done with the backseats out and the spare tyre, left door cards etc in though. but i was also running on a full tank of petrol and the weather wasnt so good, it was at York Raceway, the service isnt too good there.

Nice car there :)

i really like the 2 tone, and the graphics suit with the rest of the style of the car.

its a nicely put together package :thumbsup:

hi mate nice lookin motor u have there. im up for a local meet as i know a few other people will be as well. just set a date :P

same with u Yaris WRC, ur car looks mint!, the gun mental looks fab!

and liking the morettes, how much they cost ya?

ooh u ran 16.061, hmmm wish i could do those sort of times but then doubt i can with a 998cc unless i do some serious engine mods

yups i wanna do a local meet but then wold rather much prefer in the summer, or well atleast when its sunny and its actualy warm and ok to wear a t-shirt outside. hate the weather at the mo, always so chilly!

Thats one very smart car, i love the whole overall look. its differant very jap well done :thumbsup: . you were lucky with the price of the kit. as for your "Power" prob i may be able to help fancy a HKS Turbo as i`m selling mine :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links