Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Vw Polo Gti - Would You Buy One ?

nam

Hi all,

Has anyone else here seen the new Polo GTI

Polo GTI

Gallery

From what i can see, this is what the yaris aim's to compete against in terms of price/features. A new polo is avaliable in 3 and 5 doors

Price

To me it looks like a baby golf and i will be very interested to see some reviews on this .

It's all to do with that front end. Looks exactly how the Golf looks. Think I prefer how the last Polo GTI looked though!

I dont like the new standard Polo but the GTi version is growing on me.

Maybe it's because my sister has been going on and on about buying one when they are released...

Or maybe it's because it looks uncannigly like a smaller version of the Golf GTi which I do like very much.

(well expect for the cloth seats with the stupid pattern on them)

Also the 1.8 20v turbo sounds quite promising.

I know 0-60 MPH in 8.2 secs and a top speed of 134mph aint exactly break neck perfomance.

But in such a small car it's sound like it will be quite fun to drive

1.8 Turbo and only 8.3secs 0-60? :huh: Sounds crap to me, especially as thats the same engine as the Audi TT and that does 0-60 in 6.7...which still isnt groundbreaking but its a damn sight faster than the polo....

Hmm the 0-60 doesn't sound great, but going on what my Sister-in-Law says about her top of the range Golf I'd go for a Polo I think, one thing that does put me off is how small the Polo's look..not sure if they feel small when you are inside as I have never been in one :unsure:

It's all to do with that front end. Looks exactly how the Golf looks. Think I prefer how the last Polo GTI looked though!

Please can you move the tread back this was meant to be a discussion of Polo GTi Vs T-Sport yaris, :)

1.8 Turbo and only 8.3secs 0-60? :huh: Sounds crap to me

My thought exactly!

CB :thumbsup:

Same as the supposed new t-sport 150BHP. only difference will be the torque be lower down with polo GTI, new t-sport won't be supercharged so will need to be revved hard to get the same performance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links