Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question Regarding Oil Cooler

RossP

alrigth folks

as you may know i've bought robbies old turbo. i need to buy bits and pieces to get for when it gets installed.

due to the tempreatures in cyprus i was thinking of getting an uprated greddy oil cooler to help for in the summer months, as you know it gets very hot. will this be a good idea with the extra power or will it not benefit the car at all?

Tbh mate im sure it wont be off any harm! It may not be beneficial on a small turbo like that over here but in those temperatures im sure it would help somewhat. I guess some techy will be along soon with a professional answer but theres my view!

Running the right grade of oil will go a long way toward avoiding breakdown once you have that setup installed. The engine itself will not heat up its oil much more, but the turbo's center cartridge will definitely do a number on the fluids.

An oil cooler sure sounds like good insurance. Maybe do it up with a remote filter setup at the same time, and make your changes easier.

Ross,

Have a word with Nick (Yaris WRC) - hes been looking into oil coolers and relocation kits etc recently. He'll no doubt know who to speak to etc

Well you could start with a cheaper alternative by fitting a oil temp gauge and water temp gauge if the oil temp is ok then there is no need to fit a cooler also if you do find it to be running to hot and fit an oil cooler you will see the difference on the guage's.I have just bought 2 stealth Gauges from eBay (gaugeplace.com) they look fantastic. I will be fitting then in my Fiance car shortly...

a good idea in my books, specially with a blower cooking the oil

a cool turbo is a happy turbo :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links