Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirrors

viperroom_112

Hi guys , received some nice colour coded wing mirrors for my yaris ( HUGE THANKS TO CFC1) Anyway , got them home looked at my car and discovered that mine has two screws and the mirrors have three ! Therefore , I dont think they will fit (even tho our cars are the same model , year , and color LOL) ! Any ideas if I could purchase a base or anything ? Also do you have to remove your door cards to fit new mirrors !

David

Ok cant help with the two screws versus three thing, but to remove the inner rectangle and expose the bolts you just pop it off. I usually just use my fingers, but you could use a butter knife or similar to pry it off - they're held on by one popper each.

i've changed my mirrors to M6 mirrors and from my experience, u have to take the door cards off because there is 3 nuts, 2 of which is exposed when u take the top panel off where the knobbly bit is to adjust ur mirrors, thats if it is manual. and then 1 nut which is hidden under the door card, you'd have to take it off to get into the nut. i had a nightmare doing it because i dont think i had the correct size ratchet thing, or screw, couldnt get into the nut as the hole was too small, i heted to do it but i had to bend some of the metal from the hole to mke it bigger so i could fit my ratchet in. but its all covered up by the doorcard anyway so cant see.

but i would suggest u get the correct sized tool to get in there unlike i did lolz. hope it helps

I used to have they mirrors! :lol:

They never fitted mine, dunno why not but they definately didn't fit 'cos the plastic on the back of them was a completely different shape from my originals! There is 3 nuts that come off and I took my door card off when i done it! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links