Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toc Needs Your Help

Fidgits

You may or may not have noticed, but we have a new edition of the TOC Newsletter out.

If you did notice and read it, thanks very much! Could you please spare 5 minutes, to help us out a bit by answering the following;

- What did you like?

- What didn't you like?

- What articles were of interest to you?

- Which articles were not of interest to you?

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)?

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much?

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract?

- Any other feedback you think would be helpful...

If you didnt notice, what are we doing wrong? what could we do to make you more aware of the newsletter?

If you haven't already read it, please do so here and please spare a few minutes to help us out too...

Is there anyone who saw it was released, but chose not to read it? We'd really like to know why, but please more than 'couldn't be bothered'. We are hoping for something more substantial, such as;

- Did you read previous newsletters?

- Do you not think there is anything to interest you?

- What would interest you in a newsletter?

This is your newsletter, so the more detailed feedback we get, the more we can tailor it to you, it takes a lot of time and effort to put this together, and its pointless doing it if only a handful of members read and enjoy it, so please, help us make it YOUR newsletter that YOU will want to read....

What did you like?

I like the layout, the ease of reading, the latest news & updates about members.

What didn't you like?

It was too long for my liking, started well but some of the latter articles didn't interest me

What articles were of interest to you?

The upcomming 2006 events and members news

Which articles were not of interest to you?

The games review and the feature car, they don't really fit in with a news letter. I'm one of those people that like news rather than reviews in my news letters.

Was it easy to read (i.e well written)?

Yes very well written, it has very narrow paragraphs though.

Was there enough content, or perhaps too much?

I think too much for a newsletter, had to scroll quite a bit, and some people may get bored.

Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract?

I think they added, some of the picture's weren't necessary like the eiffel tower.

- What did you like? Just about all of it

- What didn't you like? Not into the games stuff or sports (if it was in) but they are just my choices

- What articles were of interest to you? The ones I’m in obviously + Meets + Feature car

- Which articles were not of interest to you? Games

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)? Very easy to read

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much? Enough to keep it interesting but not too much to make it boring

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract? Very much added

- Any other feedback you think would be helpful...How about a letters to the editor type of thing with comments and feedback on previous or suggestions on future issues?

- Did you read previous newsletters? All of them

- Do you not think there is anything to interest you? Wouldn’t read it if there wasn’t

- What would interest you in a newsletter? The majority of topics and the in depth reporting of meets, members cars etc.

- What did you like? Writeup on the meets :thumbsup:

- What didn't you like? Game review, was written well but i dont think it fits in with the letter.

- What articles were of interest to you? Meets

- Which articles were not of interest to you? New Yaris....but thats just something that im not interested in and nothing to do with the writeup :thumbsup:

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)? Top read :thumbsup:

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much? Spot on ;)

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract? Add ;)

Nope, top Newletter ;)

- Did you read previous newsletters? Occasionally, usually pretty clued up on whats going on anyway.

- Do you not think there is anything to interest you? n/a

- What would interest you in a newsletter? Old skool cars is a cool idea, maybe a new one on each newsletter.

Looks like you haven't received an email notification giving you a link. This isn't a printed letter, but it's online as part of TOC.

However, there is a link on the very top banner (Newsletter Edition 4) if you have time to read ;)

Cheers.

sorry just checked my setting's and found TOC was sending info to my old email address.

So i've just looked in there and found quite a few newsletters :)

Hi Stu,

Thanks for letting us know - do you have any suggestions on how we can better advertise it on the forums, so other people in your situation could see it?

Also, if you have a chance to read and provide feedback as per the first post, that would be greatfully recieved.

And as Caz said, thanks to those that have replied so far, every comment/opinion is important and will be taken into consideration for the future.

Was an interesting read.

This was the first one I read. It was the first one that gave me e mail notification, so I didnt know about ittill now.

Biff :thumbsup:

Very good read for the most part.. the game review was a bit out of place, i do like games but it wasn't what i was expecting from a car club news letter, however, i'm not saying it shouldn't have been there as it could have been of interest to other members (i'm sure it was).

The TOC christmas party section was a bit late.. most people are still recovering from that particular financial nightmare :lol: and may well rather forget about christmas till later in the year, would have been better put in an earlier newsletter, but after saying that, this was probably the 1st opperchancity for it to appear in a newsletter... and it does have (or did have) a right to be in one.

I enjoyed the write up on the MK1 MR2, very nice car. I find the feature cars a good read and interesting. This section should remain a regular feature. :thumbsup:

There isn't a lot more to say about it.. was well written and a good spread of topics, could maybe add a "Techie" section to the next one (either cars or computers) as this could be interesting. and i can't recall reading a section about Gold membership.. wha tbetter place is thereto get non goldies signed up than a TOC news letter?? c'mon.. should be a wee advert in there somewhere ;)

Well done to the Editorial Staff once again.. without your valuable time and effort, it won't happen.

i can't recall reading a section about Gold membership.. wha tbetter place is thereto get non goldies signed up than a TOC news letter?? c'mon.. should be a wee advert in there somewhere ;)

Fair point Davy - there wasnt and there probably should have been.... :thumbsup:

Hi there! This was my first one read since becoming a member of TOC, overall it was great! :thumbsup:

- What did you like? On The Road, Game Review, TOC Feature Car sections

- What didn't you like? TOC Travelogue and also a bit too long with all the meets

- What articles were of interest to you? On The Road, Game Review, TOC Feature Car sections

- Which articles were not of interest to you? TOC Travelogue

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)? Yes, it was pretty easy, straight forward

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much? More than enough, maybe a bit too much, it was quite long

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract? Definitely add to the letter, more pics in the future! :thumbsup:

- Any other feedback you think would be helpful... Perhaps more cars featured in the newsletter, especially under the TOC Feature Car section! :)

-What did you like?

Was very well written across the whole, interesting content on the whole.... liked the member review

- What didn't you like?

Games review, not sure it really has a place... but its all each to their own... thought the placement of a bit about paris was good for the seasonality (aka v'tines day) but should it be more car related seasonality? I dunno

- What articles were of interest to you?

Member car review was nice to read, and (for me anyway) gives me something to aim for perhaps getting my own car in there. Liked the info on the Xmas meet etc...

- Which articles were not of interest to you?

The games review... I'm not an overly avid gamer... just the odd thing on occasion... I'm not sure for me personally it has a place in a newsletter about us, our cars and the forums/meets etc... if thats what the newsletter is about?

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)?

Yes, however I would agree it is a little long... but this didnt bother me much

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much?

Read above... perhaps a little too much.. (but hey.. better too much than too little)... People can always scan read if they dont want to read it all... whereas if there wasnt enough... they would be left feeling a bit empty contentwise

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract?

I liked them... it broke up the text and made for a nicer looking page overall IMHO

I think it should be better advertised... as I only saw the thread from Tegan saying 'thanks' before I read it... I dont pay that much attention to the links at the top of the page... and for some reason I got the email after Tegan's thread appeared... odd as I check my mail regularly...

:)

for some reason I got the email after Tegan's thread appeared... odd as I check my mail regularly...

:)

Thats because Tegan posted before the email was sent..... damn that girl is quick! :lol:

he he - it was by pure chance that i saw the link at the top of the screen when you'd first put it up - i wasnt really eager to see it or anything :P :D honest guvnor :P

- What did you like? .............. The TOC Meet Reports

- What didn't you like?.............The Paris report (Sorry Ian ;) )

- What articles were of interest to you?...............All except Paris report (Sorry again Ian)

- Which articles were not of interest to you?.............Paris report

- Was it easy to read (i.e well written)? ..................Yes, quite professional for the amateur writers ;)

- Was there enough content, or perhaps too much?................Just about right :thumbsup:

- Did the pictures add to the letter, or detract?.............Add to it.........very good

- Any other feedback you think would be helpful......................Thanks for the mention(s) B)

I look forward to the next edition.............well done all concerned :group-cuddles: :thumbsup:

Steve, no need to be sorry... were looking for all feedback, good and bad

the more people that tell us what they really think, the more we can turn it into something you'll all enjoy reading..

thanks to everyone who's given feedback so far!

I always enjoy the feature car section, the games reiew was good, but perhaps a bit out of date now? I think the newsletter could be layed out in a more attractive manner though, it's not something that wows you as such at the moment, but overall it's good

Thanks Ross...

do you have any examples of how you would like it laid out?

Also, we would really like feedback from people who don't read it, or arnt really interested... we would really like to know what would make it interest you...