Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

J-tuner T Sport Info

Crisis

Hello all.

Long time no post but I found something interesting for you all to hear within J-Tuners latest magazine.

Someone wrote in a letter looking for a modern day jap hatch thats fast... he didn't want the Clio so the best thing he came up with was a Yaris TS.

He asked the question "Potential"

Heres the knowledge:

Turbo the Yaris - TRD do a Turbo Kit, even thou Im sure your all familiar with the ECU problems a stand alone ECU would fix this problem and probably produce 160BHP.

Engine Conversion - Im sure I remember topics from years ago and it was deemed another engine wouldn't fit. However its said that a Celica 190 (1.8) engine would fit as would the Celica GT-4 2ltr Turbo engine as found in Fensports Rolla. Which would be 250BHP and pehrpas upto 700BHP tuned up.

Thought that may just interest some of you.

Certainly has tempted me back.

yeah, fensport did say they could squeeze the 3S-GTE in the Mk1 Yaris, but you'd be looking at £10k+ for that conversion...

and thats before you start tuning the engine itself...

Spin wheels or the actual car? If you're on about spinning wheels, traction control and LSD should sort that out! :yes::thumbsup:

the 3SGTE wont go in, in a month of sundays

ive measured it up from the mr2 and just due to the way the 3S sits, youll need to add around 8 inches to the length of the front of the car!

or rebuild the bulkhead and shift everything backwards

best bet would be mid mount it in the back

rear drive and perfectly balanced, nah

would be easier a task to, only need to make a rear space frame and Shell with the yaris bodywork

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links