Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Its Finally Fitted

stevetubbyturbo

For about a year i been looking at winchs for my car and the majority of the required me to have a new bumper fitted which would totally change the look of the car.

So i had to find one that could be slung under the car and i couldn't find one and none of the companys who made winchs would entertain me until i called Superwinch who modified one for me and ive just got it fitted.

winch.jpg

I still have the Roller to fit and a front tow ball but the hard bit is done

That looks like it cuts your ground clearance quite a bit?.....................or is it just the angle of the photo?

That looks like it cuts your ground clearance quite a bit?

Yeah the picture is quite deceaving but there is 12" of clearance at the lowest point of the winch and the front axel is 11" clearance

Yeah the picture is quite deceaving but there is 12" of clearance at the lowest point of the winch and the front axel is 11" clearance

Nice installation Steve

You will be O.K. for pulling us out of the mud at TOC meets then? :yes: ;)

Very nice. :thumbsup:

Now pull out the cable and rewind it neatly, it will last a lot longer and avoid getting knots or fouling. :yes:

Forgot to mention, get some Battery grease and spray your solenoid terminals on the winch and make sure that the cover on there has a drain or it might get a pool gathering, also lubricate your clutch release regularly. :thumbsup:

Nice installation Steve

You will be O.K. for pulling us out of the mud at TOC meets then? :yes: ;)

I thought of that and also it might be good for training the TOC tugg of war team for JAE :lol:

I was thinking it could be useful for pulling ATM machines out of walls ;) ;) :lol:

I was thinking it could be useful for pulling ATM machines out of walls ;) ;) :lol:

With the pull ratting that winch has got it would probably take the wall as well :huh:

Looks wikid mate. ;)

Saw the Top Gear episode earlier with the new Disco, and Clarkson driving up a steep hill in Scotland.

TOC trip to Scotland, and trips up and down Ben Nevis in the Surf!!!

:D

Quality mod! Never mind all those other guys with their alloys, turbos, intercoolers etc. girls check out my winch! :lol:

How long is the cable? Do you have enough to hook it round the nearest tree and pull yourself out if you get stuck in a swamp? :thumbsup:

Paul.

Nice one!!!!

I am so fed up with all the ponces in their range rovers and cayennes aroung our local lanes that blind me with their above head height HIds etc and all the crappy drivers that drive with zero regard to any other road users I am thinking of building a dirty great big vigelante mobile. Based on an old landie, or a Hilux, and going pretty much along the lines you have.

Big bull bars, excessive amounts of spot lights...., I also want huge halogens pointing backwards "for working at night" (i.e. blinding the ubik behind me that has not dipped their lights)

A winch would be ideal for removing "inconsiderate parkers" :thumbsup:

nice idea charlie, dont forget the side bars to nudge people into the left lane on a motorway!

liking the surf bud, looks a mean bit of kit

Nice one!!!!

I am so fed up with all the ponces in their range rovers and cayennes aroung our local lanes that blind me with their above head height HIds etc and all the crappy drivers that drive with zero regard to any other road users I am thinking of building a dirty great big vigelante mobile. Based on an old landie, or a Hilux, and going pretty much along the lines you have.

Big bull bars, excessive amounts of spot lights...., I also want huge halogens pointing backwards "for working at night" (i.e. blinding the ubik behind me that has not dipped their lights)

do it please! :lol:

Quality mod! Never mind all those other guys with their alloys, turbos, intercoolers etc. girls check out my winch! :lol:

How long is the cable? Do you have enough to hook it round the nearest tree and pull yourself out if you get stuck in a swamp? :thumbsup:

Paul.

That winch has a 30meter cable and 9000lbs approx 4 tonne single line pull i also have a pulley block for double line pull which almost double's the line pull.

As for moving inconsiderate parkers im just hopeing im going to come home one day and someones going to be in my space or parked infront of my garage :)

you legend steve!

as long as i can still get underneath at JAE im not fussed!

Looks good Steve :thumbsup: Is it the Superwinch X9?? I just got a Superwinch X6 - I've got to do a bit of fabrication to get it to fit though :D

Nice one!!!!

That's exactly what I've just built! It's built from 2 old landrovers, it's got 4 100W Hella Halogen Spots across the top at the front, two huge Hella Spots in the middle at the front and two 55W Spots on the Rear :yes:

Looks good Steve :thumbsup: Is it the Superwinch X9?? I just got a Superwinch X6 - I've got to do a bit of fabrication to get it to fit though :D

Its the EPi9 but the Epi6 is enough for off roading and the only reason i had the Epi9 was that that Hilux weighs over 2 tonne and if it really gets bogged down and sunk up to its axels the the EPi9 will pull it out easy.

My winch was modified by Superwinch to fit my car as it hangs upside down i wanted to have nylock nuts on the bolts to secure it and the standard winch has only enough room for normal nuts and they have changed the side the wire attaches to the winch as again it being upside down it has to be moved for some reason or other (they did tell me but ive forgotten some about the way its winds on and off under load or something like that)

And im how toying with the idea of another 2" lift but i cant decide to do it or not to do it but if i do it wont me till the summer just before JAE

I still love the pic of My car next to Steves at JAE...

My car was in its stupidly low "cocked up putting on my coil overs and couldn;t be ubikd to change it" height, and his was jacked up....

I think the bottom of your door sills were higher then my wingmirrors!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links