Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bmw Recall

Bibbs

"Today BMW announced a product recall to their Oxford factory of the 'vast majority' of their current range. The safety recall (15335) affects models across all series from 1998 to present and relates to the use of leather in its interiors.

BMW engineers were alerted to a problem by a Dutch ecologist who made the discovery whilst on an extended field trip to rural Germany. The car giant has long prided itself on its use of quality leather products sourced from local suppliers. Dr. Roemer discovered that, unbeknownst to the manufacturer, the herds used are actually a from a rare sub-species called the 'Bovarian Fighting Cow'.

Dr. Roemer stated that 'During the annual mating season males start to look for mates in order to continue their lineage - as with all species. Competition is tight and females are "won over" by outrageous showmanship, strutting and aggressive 'to-the-death' in-fighting. Females are limited and so the males have evolved to literally fight off the competition.'

Dr. Roemer continued that 'The hormone produced by the males diffuses into the hide of the animal from where it is emitted as a powerful pheromone. According to our research it seems that the effects of this potent chemical is cross-communicable to humans and is not removed during normal curing. Our tests show that were the average man to be exposed to even a small 'dose' this would render him incapable of rational thought and coordinated response to external stimuli.'

In a statement from its Munich headquarters BMW said 'We are obviously shocked and saddened by this new evidence and I can assure all our customers that we had no prior knowledge of this side effect. Even in small doses the leather we use seems to incite outrageously aggressive and inconsiderate behaviour in the occupants. I strongly urge anyone currently driving with our "full leather" option to pull over immediately and abandon their car.'

It is thought that this admission has been made in response to announcements by four major insurers in January of this year. Through Reuters the companies reported that...

'We have been forced to update our actuarial tables in the light of damning statistical evidence. From today anyone wishing to insure themselves to drive a BMW (especially the 3-series) will be declined. Years of collated data has made it evident that the desire to drive this range of car intrinsically means that you should not be allowed on any public road.

:eek: O dear my brother and dad have BMWs, but my brother doesn't have leather seats.

I'll be sure to lookout for ne strange behaviour. :blink:

Big T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links