Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ideas Please.....!

Spuffington

Hey all,

Need some :help: ....

My other half is about to start driving after a long time off :driving:, so I said I'd buy her a car (stop her messing up the Celica! lol). We started off looking at Ka's, then Micra's :ph34r: and now she wants a Focus.......she thinks. I'm not disuading her from this as I have an ulterior motive. If I can get her in a bigger car, I can shop in the Celica soonish for either a Boxster or Elise :drool: , so we'd need a bit more of a practical car anyway.

So - the question is, what can I get? I'm looking seriously at Focus' and Seat Leon. The only criteria are: must cost less than £4.5k, no more than 45k on the clock, ideally no more than 6 yrs old and comfortable enough for 4 people. And if poss - 0-60 in 11secs or under. Don't want no slow cars :lol:, and nothing too big or the missus will get worried about driving it.

Any ideas much appreciated. By the way, I've ruled out Golfs (too many around and expensive for what they are!) and not so keen on the older Corrolla's (sorry, don't mean to upset anyone! :!Removed!: )

Cheers guys!! :thumbsup:

you can get a decent honda accord for 4.5 k maybe a type r defo. have a look on auto traders website that'll give you a few ideas.

Give her the Celica, then get yourself a new car :D

Seriously though my other car is a Focus and I really can't fault it - It's been an excellent car with NO faults. I would recommend one

on the other hand... get her exactly what she wants and shes more likely to happily accomodate you getting exactly what you want. women have powers beyond our manly brains comprehension, they can do things with stuff that only crosses our brains in nightmares.... best to keep them happy i think lol

My other half recently got a Focus ST - and it goes! :lol:

I'm really smitten with the new Seat Leon myself.... personally I'd go for a Leon over a Focus :thumbsup:

Hey all,

Need some :help: ....

My other half is about to start driving after a long time off :driving:, so I said I'd buy her a car (stop her messing up the Celica! lol). We started off looking at Ka's, then Micra's :ph34r: and now she wants a Focus.......she thinks. I'm not disuading her from this as I have an ulterior motive. If I can get her in a bigger car, I can shop in the Celica soonish for either a Boxster or Elise :drool: , so we'd need a bit more of a practical car anyway.

So - the question is, what can I get? I'm looking seriously at Focus' and Seat Leon. The only criteria are: must cost less than £4.5k, no more than 45k on the clock, ideally no more than 6 yrs old and comfortable enough for 4 people. And if poss - 0-60 in 11secs or under. Don't want no slow cars :lol:, and nothing too big or the missus will get worried about driving it.

Any ideas much appreciated. By the way, I've ruled out Golfs (too many around and expensive for what they are!) and not so keen on the older Corrolla's (sorry, don't mean to upset anyone! :!Removed!: )

Cheers guys!! :thumbsup:

I've thought outside the box and come up with the following solution for you:

Buy your missus a 100-500 quid old banger - mondeo / rover / volvo etc.

Then get yourself a 911!

Jobs a goodun!

:lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links