Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Private Regi

Thunder Sport

Hey guys i was thinkin of buying a private number plate but is it really worth it? i mean i could use the cash to buy mods for the car?

anyway jsut wondering if u guys think its cheesy or chavy ?

One point to consider is that in a recent survey over 75% of people said they would laugh at those who bought a personalised registration plate.

My son has a personal plate and he is convinced he is stopped more by the police because of it.

The decision to get a personalised plate must rest with you.

It depends totally on the plate....

There are good ones and there are bad ones....... The ones that are poorly spaces and require a load of stratigicly placed screw heads to make then nearly read something are totally laughable!!!

The ones that actually say something meaning full (initials, or name if you are very rich) are good, and they don't tend to go down in value either!!! I personally think that they finish off a nice car...

I know I'd not sell mine for the world....Its something you keep for life..... I have had it on my last three cars (All Toyotas with at least one turbo lol) Sure its probably worth three times the car its on, but its one thing that I can guarantee NO ONE else will have!!!!

cal1.JPG

I got mine with my initials the year I was born and my wifes initials, then at the end of the day I found that I ended up with LA SLAPA :D

taillights012.jpg

One thing to think through is the year your private plate is, because my plate is an 'S' therefore i cant put it on anything older than 1998, and now if i wanted an mr2 or any older car like, i wouldnt be able to use my plate making it a waste of money :huh:

I had to pay for my MR2 to be registered, it sped up the process by 3 weeks and cost about £150 more to get my own reg.

Nothing special - "J 666 BDB" .. my initials. After easter the reg is going on the S2000 (I think).

I like them but I think they cost far too much for what they actually are, some of the most sought-after cost a stupid amount of money. I like mine because it's the initials of the football team I support but it only cost me £80, my dad bought it a few years ago & when he bought a new car he let me have it for the transfer fee instead of putting it on his new car. I also love the fact that because it's a B reg, it's probably older than me.

I know it helps me out at times & also does the opposite too, if I'm trying to pull out at a junction it always seems to be people with Everton stickers in their windows etc that let me out & Liverpool fans tend to make me wait, which is what I do to other people anyway so I'm not complaining.

It's your money though, your decision.

I got given mine for my Christmas a couple of years ago. I'd always thought they were worryingly cheesy unless there was a story/reason behind it but I've actually become quite attcehed to it now.

Only trouble is that it can't go on anything older than a "V"...

A

Like I say.. the "best" ones can go on any age of car ;)

I think many personalised plates look very tasteful, I mean like Les & Annes, unless you know all about "La Slapa", it looks just like a normal number plate!

The ones I dont like are the ones that suggest the driver is "HOT" or a "BABE" or a "STUD" by incorporating that into letters and numbers.... thats a bit sad! :yes:

well i got given for my 21st C1RSY but i have it bolted C1-RSY looks a bit like CHRISY if you squint..........a lot - i would never have bought myself one thou....people take the ***** quite a bit thou :( i get kirsty off my mates

Well I got mine for my birthday last year and I think it looks the part and sets my car apart, but I'm not so sure other people will know what it means when I put the legal plates on!

At least I will though and it'll mean something to me forever... as people said here, it's a pity you can't put a plate on a car older than the year depictd in the plate :(

Just in case no-one knows, my plate is K19NE G (My name is G Kane) and I think it's still kinda obvious to my friends when the letters are arranged properly (K19 NEG)

By the way, I've only been pulled up once for the plate, but I didn't even get a ticking off - more like the copper wanted to look at my car! :D Knowing my luck, I'll get a ticket tonight... touch wood! :)

The only time I got pulled for my plate is just after I transrefed it from my red supra turbo to my black supra twin turbo... they cross referenced me plate on the database and it had not yet been updated... they wanted to know why me car was registered as red!

I love my cars reg..........

A13 looks like AB = my initails

KYT = KITT , my cars name. :thumbsup:

peeps look at the back reg plate and as they drive past they lean forward to see if her red leds are on. :D

I have never been pulled for her reg plate. B) so far!!!

Its not to every ones taste and I really couldnt care less :P

saw a good one whilst I was out of the office just there.

On an E-Class Merc:-

R1POF

:D

A

I saw "69 BOY" on a Merc on the motorway a while ago, I thought that was pretty funny.

If I was loaded and had money to spare for one then I wouldnt mind one, but otherwise I'm not bothered - they are quite popular round here aswell which kinda takes the novelty of one away aswell.

i love mine, but would have bought the car without it....... a debadged paseo, with

P6 SEO

......its cool. nuff said haha

Hey Stevie - i recognise that plate - wouldnt be on a black one would it??

BTW the Nissan has TAZ 66** on it & everyone thinks it suits the car :thumbsup:

J

Private plates can take the age off a car if done tastefully...

My Dad has a collection of em lol... one of which I used to have on the Yaris...

but Skye is just my little bomb... K***BOM lol

I wouldnt mind a private one... just gotta find the one I want... and afford it :(

There are sone really nice plates out there, my mate Dave has M3 Dav and another mate (Pud) has N8 PUD. They look quite good but there are a load of Chavs up here with the cheaper private plates and they all say Ned to me, sorry

I do like A13 KIT as posted above

There is a house I pass when I walk the dog, tiny house with the drive so small the cars stick out on the pavement. They have two of those 4x4 jeeps (Mitsubishi I think) with something like M19 AMK and M19 JMK I always chuckle when walking past. I am keeping my car with the traditional plate. It was previously registered to L** Gaz the chap who sold it told me. yep he was Garry

I'd like one with AJ or ALJ in it but nothing that spells anything.

I did like this one I saw once (best said in a Scouse accent)... 4 KOV :lol:

i love mine, but would have bought the car without it....... a debadged paseo, with

P6 SEO

......its cool. nuff said haha

Cheeky bugger, i havent given u the keys yet! :P