Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Possible Purchase Of Corolla!

KarenB

I am looking at an 03 blue t-sport corolla, 16,000 miles. I am going to be changing from a 02 MR2 which i am gutted to be selling (need a boot and i'm moving house!). I love how the Mr2 drives and was wondering how different the drive is?

Also, do people who have corolla's really think they are a great buy?

What sort of price should i be looking to pay?

Cheers!

:D

Well, your going from a mid Engined rear wheel drive sports car to a front wheel drive hatchback.

And while PaulT will no doubt tell you how wonderful the handling is, i think somehow, your going to be disspointed...

But thats going to happened regardless, the suspension will be softer, the drive will be much more muted.

The rolla T-sport is a capable, if uninspiring car, and you should enjoy it, but its no sports car, and will be a very different experience.

Well, your going from a mid Engined rear wheel drive sports car to a front wheel drive hatchback.

And while PaulT will no doubt tell you how wonderful the handling is, i think somehow, your going to be disspointed...

But thats going to happened regardless, the suspension will be softer, the drive will be much more muted.

The rolla T-sport is a capable, if uninspiring car, and you should enjoy it, but its no sports car, and will be a very different experience.

I wouldn't disagree with you Fidgits! :thumbsup: Although, since I've fitted 17" alloys and the TTE springs, the handling and steering response is much better.... could do with stiffer anti-roll bars though as it's still a bit rolly going into roundabouts! :(

I wouldn't disagree with you Fidgits! :thumbsup: Although, since I've fitted 17" alloys and the TTE springs, the handling and steering response is much better.... could do with stiffer anti-roll bars though as it's still a bit rolly going into roundabouts! :(

Yep i know wot u mean, ive fitted TTE springs and the TTE strut, def much betta handling with standard springs, but still a bit spongy around roundabouts, so im planning to buy front and rear lower anti roll bars from fensport. do u lot know how much discount they giv u being a TOC gold member?

Yes, i know its going to be a different story but i'm ready for it!! I had a Yaris before so it shouldn't be to hard.

What sort of price do you reckon i should be paying?

I had a go in a Golf GT TDI and liked that, it was in Toyota for £12k on a 03 plate :eek: !! It was battered as well!

Ian sticks the knife in ... aaarrgh :D

Obviously the CTS doesn't go around corners as quickly as the MR2, but the Corolla is a little quicker to 60mph and 400m and has a vastly superior engine, I don't think that is in any doubt. :thumbsup:

Trouble is, if you need the practicality what can you get? When I bought the Corolla I wanted a compromise between two cars, and you do get that. Quick, but with a 6ft long boot with the seats folded down. I've slept in the back before, saves taking a tent :D

I've looked at Les' MR2 and would quite like one as a second car, but I can't really justify the expense---not when a Supra is quicker at half the price!

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links