Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Antivirus Software

Clueless

:) Currently running Norton Antivirus 2002. Subscription due and since it is out of date, an upgrade is recommended.

Should i stick with Norton or move on?

Any suggestions peeps?

:thumbsup:

Personally I use AVG, no complaints either, does the job :D

Should be able to get it from download.com :thumbsup:

Free version of AVG. Detects viruses, doesn't hog masses of resources and slow your machine down to a crawl, isn't a complete pita to uninstall and doesn't have a tendency to completely trash your OS during routine updates... Oh and its free too :)

Yup. I`m using AVG Pro and its spot on. No conflicts or other issues whatsoever...... Yet. :D

Nortons has to be one of the worst going.. i use AVG and also use the online scan from Trend Micro.. Housecall i hardly ever get any problems.

Will Avg or other suggested products conflict with webroot software i.e. spy sweeper or window washer?

AVG 7.0 Anti Virus Pro it is then.

Thanks folks :thumbsup:

AVG is very good have been using it for a number of years now. I have removed Norten and Mcafee from other PC's and after formatting and re-installing windows replaced this with AVG (free)

I also use Zona Alarm as a software firewall which works well with my router & firewall

Can also reccomend Windows defender, seems to be ok on the PC's I have put it on. Is it on mine yet...... er no

We have Nortons at home and in the office, but we're changing to AVG at work as Norton is just too expensive and resource hungry.... :thumbsup:

Pretty much use AVG Free here. Norton appears to haemorrhage memory all over the place on my laptop! AVG Pro is an excellent choice if you want to actually pay :eek: for your softs. ;) For a firewall I've tended to use Kerio/Sunbelt but it *had* a habit of not always firing up properly, although it seems okay now. ZoneAlarm is a pain in the ar*e to install/uninstall on my laptop. Antispyware software I use is SpyBot and Windows Defender. I don't think there is one piece of software that will get rid of all spyware. All free too, which is more to spend on stuff.

Pretty much use AVG Free here. Norton appears to haemorrhage memory all over the place on my laptop! AVG Pro is an excellent choice if you want to actually pay :eek: for your softs. ;) For a firewall I've tended to use Kerio/Sunbelt but it *had* a habit of not always firing up properly, although it seems okay now. ZoneAlarm is a pain in the ar*e to install/uninstall on my laptop. Antispyware software I use is SpyBot and Windows Defender. I don't think there is one piece of software that will get rid of all spyware. All free too, which is more to spend on stuff.

McAfee 2006 Antivirus as well as Ad-Aware SE together, no problems whatsoever, just perfect and right on, thank God! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links