Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Tte Lowering Springs

Roly

i did the springs on my fiat tipo 1.9 tuuuurbooo diesel, back in the day. Never again ever ever ever ever. Spring clamps failing is not a fun or an enlightening experience. My advice, don't drink for a month and get some1 else to do it.

Just asked a local garage and they said that they could do it for me for £105!!! 3 hours labour. That's pretty good value :)

He said that it shouldn't need any wheel alignment afterwards, is that true?

Kev

i did the springs on my fiat tipo 1.9 tuuuurbooo diesel, back in the day. Never again ever ever ever ever. Spring clamps failing is not a fun or an enlightening experience. My advice, don't drink for a month and get some1 else to do it.

Just asked a local garage and they said that they could do it for me for £105!!! 3 hours labour. That's pretty good value :)

Kev

just ask him how much he would charge for wheel allignment, i would recommend checking the wheel allignment incase

Kev

Thats not Treu Do the wheel allignment because the hole offset of the car is changed els its going to cost you a set of front tyres in a year :eek:

I was considering changing my stock suspension to tte suspension kit fully ajustible shocks will this improve stability much? Also i was wondering how much it will cost to buy the parts. I live in Malta and the guys here are theiving !Removed! price quote on parts alone over 1000 quid.

The new alignment parameters come with the spring kit. Do not be fobbed off into thinking it doesn't need doing!

Paul.

The new alignment parameters come with the spring kit. Do not be fobbed off into thinking it doesn't need doing!

Paul.

Does that mean the guy who is doing it doesn't know what he is talking about? that worries me...

Paul.

Does that mean the guy who is doing it doesn't know what he is talking about? that worries me...

:crybaby: Thats what i think yeah :wacko:

Come to Holland for a vacation and i will do it for you :yes:

Paul.

:crybaby: Thats what i think yeah :wacko:

Come to Holland for a vacation and i will do it for you :yes:

I'd love to go one day!! :)

KEv

OK found a garage near me happy to install the springs, but before I go ahead and do this will it affect the comfort of the car - don't want a really hard ride!

Let me know

Cheers

OK found a garage near me happy to install the springs, but before I go ahead and do this will it affect the comfort of the car - don't want a really hard ride!

Let me know

Cheers

it effects the comfort a bit, u can feel the bumps a bit more but not a lot

One last thought before I go ahead and get this done - I have the stock 15" wheels on, so how does it look after its been lowered? Does it look odd against the standard wheels? Any good side on pictures I can look at?

Cheers all

T3 2002 model

One last thought before I go ahead and get this done - I have the stock 15" wheels on, so how does it look after its been lowered? Does it look odd against the standard wheels? Any good side on pictures I can look at?

Cheers all

T3 2002 model

ive got my stock 15" atm, it doesnt look bad from the side its the front view that looks weird, bcos the wheels r soo thin.

heres a side view of my car

dsc005876rr.th.jpg

the image below is my car before it was lowered, as you can see theirs a big difference

dsc005695bi.th.jpg

id say my car looks even lower now because the springs hav settled down, that image above with the car lowered was taken the day i got it lowered, now ive had the car lowered for bout 2 months

So you reckon the stock wheels look ok? Bit difficult to tell from the picture as the wheel arch is dark so can't really see where the tyre ends. Just don't want it to look odd!

whats it like on the motorway too?

whats it like on the motorway too?

exactly the same a driving on a straight A road... :rolleyes:

id says its the same apart from going over the ocasional bumps. but i would say it kinda drives betta because wen the wind catches the car the car wont move as much

id says its the same apart from going over the ocasional bumps. but i would say it kinda drives betta because wen the wind catches the car the car wont move as much

Thats right its better protected to sidewinds moves

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links